Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 21, 2014, 01:14:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: bus with bath...  (Read 1526 times)
travelingfools

Ignore
« on: July 30, 2006, 11:18:03 PM »

Ive read more than a few folks say that its best to avoid buying a bus for conversion with a bathroom. I was curious the reason behind this. I was thinking, that would give me a headstart on my conversion...

John P, Lewiston NY   1987 MC 9 ...ex NJT
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 02:44:55 AM »

hello again travelingfools,

I wouldn't say Avoid it but, it's much easier without a bath...

Reason- Difficult to remove the holding tank, patching the floor, and sometimes the floor will be rotted from a leaking toilet.

The whole bath can be removed in one day.

Good Luck
Nick

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 04:48:24 AM »

Don't plan to use the OEM bus Bathroom for a conversion. The OEM bath only has a toilet and a small sink. If you look down into the toilet you are looking directly into the holding tank. This is OK for a bus that drains the tank frequently (daily if not more often). There is nothing to seal the toilet to prevent to odors from entering the coach.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
travelingfools

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 05:42:25 AM »

Is the tank reuasble if replumbed with the new toilet ?

Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 06:01:31 AM »

TRAVELINGFOOLS,

It's kinda small, something like 15 gallons, maybe 20? 

I think too small for a conversion

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
larryh
4905A-893 P8M

ready to run with the big dogs

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 08:19:59 AM »

They are a bear to remove just removed mine out of 4905A and for information all RV toilets dump directly into tank no S traps of any kind been that way since day one the seal on toilet flapper that slides across is what seals out smells. That is why you will get odors when you flush it's directly above tank.

Savvy ponderable:
A cowboy's only afraid of two things:
havin' ta walk,
and the love of a good woman.
"This posting was generated using an environmentally friendly, self contained flatulence generator, therefore no fossils or neutrons were harmed in the creation of this posting.

Quartzsite,
H3Jim

1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 09:56:13 AM »

The toilet for the standard seated bus works differently than the usual RV toilet.  Mine came with a 20 gal tank. When servicing, you would fill it 1/3 of the way with water treated with the dark blue disinfectant and odor fighter.  When you flush the toilet, it uses the fluid from the tank to flush with.  You've all seen that blue water in buses, airplanes and trains I'm sure.  That's not fresh water, its just recycled from the tank.  It has a chunk filter on it so solids from the tank are not sent back through the toilet again.  Not much holding capacity, not really sanitary and no provisions for sink and shower.  My sink had a separate 5 gal tank for fresh water. 

New location for  the toilet, very different operating characteristics, new larger fresh water tanks, new larger waste tanks - there isn't really anything usable from the old setup.  So since you pretty much have to start from scratch anyway, the old one is just a liability and pain to take out. 

hope this helps

Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.
travelingfools

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 11:19:35 PM »

thanks all...another "mystery" solved...

JerryH

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2006, 12:57:49 PM »

I wouldn't disqualify a potential bus just because there was a restroom in it.  It just means a little more work on your part.  Nothing a Saw-Zall, grinder, dust mask, gloves, a few bruises and a lot of patience can't handle.  Actually, somewhat like a rubicks cube, once we figured out a few things, it seemed to come out a lot easier.

Jerry H.
Ross

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2006, 02:07:25 PM »

Ive read more than a few folks say that its best to avoid buying a bus for conversion with a bathroom. I was curious the reason behind this. I was thinking, that would give me a headstart on my conversion...

It's a days labor at most to remove the bathroom.  In the grand scheme of an entire bus conversion a days labor is nothing.  I wouldn't let the presence of a bathroom sway my decision at all.  I cut mine out with a plasma cutter in less than an hour.

Ross
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: