Bus Conversion Magazine Bulletin Board
November 18, 2017, 09:59:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Start of Bus Rallies coming very fast, get your rigs ready!!!  (Read 1071 times)
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« on: February 09, 2010, 09:05:36 AM »

Hello Everyone,

Ahead of time I will make you aware that this post may be lengthy, what else is new eh??  It is my way to support our love for bus conversions and having our busnut family grow each year that passes. This post will be posted on the three busnut bulletin boards I frequent each day for my daily fix!! He-he

In about a month bus rallies will begin on the East Coast and we wish for anyone, anywhere to please plan to attend one or all of our scheduled rallies.  Time passes so fast, don't let wonderful memories with friends at beautiful campgrounds pass you by.  Our (Eagle) bus as you already know is still  not operational but we do not let it stop us from attending any rally posted and this goes for all that read this.

There is 3 rallies I know of that are posted and to help prevent anyone from procrastinating about attending please look at your calendars for the availability for you to attend one or all of these rallies now scheduled.  There may be more, you have to frequent the Calendar Page of the bulletin boards for any changes and for rally information such as cost, dates, areas of rallies to be held and any requirements involved -  (Rigs to be totally self contained) etc. 

Rallies are scheduled by volunteers that work very hard to arrange for us to congregate at and enjoy weekends with those we love to continually see and visit with as well as for us to enjoy looking at progress of our bus conversions.  There is too many regulars to list by name that attend these rallies that make these rallies so pleasant to look forward to attending just to see everyone again.  It would be difficult to list all those you enjoy seeing each time you do, everyone is on the same level of enjoyment of seeing each time.  Rallies pass by us so fast so attending as many as possible does much to keep the Adrenalin flowing that only true busnuts can relate to.

It is important that you plan now and contact those sponsoring any of these rallies so they can make reservations for our attendance, food preparations for meals to be shared, receive any rally cost for attending to pay ahead for us to attend.  Again, these rallies take much time to arrange, please plan on attending and scheduling these rallies in your schedule to attend with all preparations done ahead of time as needed by rally organizers.

Here is a the present list of known rallies to be held on the East Coast known to be scheduled this year (2010) & those rallies at this present date are:

1) Santee, SC, "Cooling it in the Carolina's", March 19 - 21 2010 with early arrivals allowed on the 18th. 
This rally organized by John & Tara Mellis for all (Eagles International) bus converters with all welcome regardless of model of conversion or type class of vehicle.  John Indicated that there was going to be short seminars also presented by Eric Brown and hopefully Manny Monticeto of FL.  Anyone else wishing to have seminars of any interest is invited to schedule such information for all to enjoy.  Get to gether for ladies and if wanted for children also is encouraged so that this is not presumed to be a (man cave type) of gathering. By the way there is quite a few converters scheduled to attend that live west of the Mississippi which is what I am talking about.  Stretch the legs of your bus and mingle with those that frequent these boards daily and you have never met but may wish to.  Do not procrastinate, attend a busrally before it is too late!!

2)  Palmetto Cove Campground, Cleveland, SC.  "Spring in the Carolina's, April 21 - 25, 2010 sponsored by "Southeast Busnuts" organized by Mike & Carol Heron.  Beautiful Campground with God Like Scenery from your camping spot to view.  This Spring rally offers truly organized information seminars to all members of this club.  The attendance increases each year because of word of mouth attendees having such a great time each time we gather.  Great food is always planned with involvement from all attending campers, music is normally offered for those enjoying the Bluegrass music of Jr. and Friends on a scheduled evening.  This is very professional music that you could never grow tired of listening to.  Amateur music is also scheduled by "Gary Lee" normally backed up by Glen Rice, (I hope in 2010).  Tours are also being scheduled to area attractions to break up a day or so if wanted.  ("MW Plant Tour", "Local Winery Tour and lunch. Perhaps a short trip to "Aunt Sue's Mini Craft Mall & Restaurant" & perhaps an evening at a local Grand Ole Opry type of restaurant having professional entertainers perform during your evening meal.

3) Fayetteville, NC Koa Campgrounds, "Bus Nuts Gathering", May 21 - 23, 2010, sponsored by Gene & Francis Lewis.  This is a continuation of the rally held by Cat & Dallas Farnworth held at Timmonsville, SC a few years ago.  The Lewis gathering is always laid back offering a most relaxing camping atmosphere and for a few days all negativity in life's challenges are left behind.  Food offered and much of the time prepared by Gene personally will surely satisfy anyone hunger pallet. 

Again, all these rallies take much planning, please do your part and make definite plans to attend at many times reservations can not be made on the fly or last moment for your attendance as other campers also want to enjoy the facilities and the opportunity for you to attend lessens with no planning.  If you snooze you may loose as the old saying goes.

Suggestions from those attending rallies for seminars, tours, entertainment, anything you do not normally see or do at a rally is encouraged by all organizers of these rallies to make your visit with us all more pleasant and eventfull with memories of each rally more different than the previous one.  Photos and now Video's are being done by various volunteers to document who was there, what they arrived in and in cases where possible the documentation of any conversion changes made since the last visit.

I told you this would be long but I believe you get the idea of this post.  Lets plan to help rally organizers with their attendance expected list, cover all cost ahead of time if any is involved, get your rigs spring ready with Oil changes etc. needed for a pleasant minimized worry free rally.

Gary.

Gary
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 12:43:09 PM »

Perhaps a short trip to "Aunt Sue's Mini Craft Mall & Restaurant" & perhaps an evening at a local Grand Ole Opry type of restaurant having professional entertainers perform during your evening meal.
Gary.

Gary,
  Are we going to Aunt Sue's for ice cream?  I sure hope so!  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 12:59:20 PM »

Quote from: Gary LaBombard
Tours are also being scheduled to area attractions to break up a day or so if wanted.  ("MW Plant Tour", "Local Winery Tour and lunch. Perhaps a short trip to "Aunt Sue's Mini Craft Mall & Restaurant" & perhaps an evening at a local Grand Ole Opry type of restaurant having professional entertainers perform during your evening meal.

Gary.

Gary, need to charter a bus for these "tours"? Wink

I might just know of a company that would LOVE to quote you a price on a nice SETRA! Grin Wink
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 03:37:44 PM »

Thanks BK, we sure wish you could attend one of our rallies here and using your bus for a tour bus would be great also.   I am posting one of my Video's from youtube that would allow you guys to be familar with attractions I am talking about attending at the Southeast Bunuts rally In April at Palmetto Cove Campground, Cleveland SC.  All these attractions you will thoroughly enjoy.

Gary

Video of area attractions within 5 miles of Palmetto Cove Campground, Southeast Busnuts bus rally, April, 2010.

Kyle's Non bus Rally,Video #3, October 5-11, 2009_0001.wmv

Gary
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 03:52:50 PM »

OK, Lunch on Satruday at Victoria Winery, ice cream  at Aunt Sue's and the Suturday Night Opry at Pumpkintown.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: