Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 22, 2014, 10:48:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weather For Quartzsite  (Read 9405 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: January 22, 2010, 09:49:06 AM »

Huge RV show you can see and buy about all that is on the RV market, huge rock show, flea markets on every corner service for RV's and can buy anything for RV's from inverters to generators, tanks, pump , furniture you name it you will find there good buys on AGM batteries there.
The weather is good most of the time in the 60's and up.

good luck

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: January 22, 2010, 09:54:48 AM »

Winter time gathering of "SNOWBIRDS" which some smart individuals have capitolozed on and turned into;
Quote from: luvrbus
Huge RV show you can see and buy about all that is on the RV market, huge rock show, flea markets on every corner service for RV's and can buy anything for RV's from inverters to generators, tanks, pump , furniture you name it you will find there good buys on AGM batteries there.
The weather is good most of the time in the 60's and up.
good luck

Sounds like a great place to meet, hang out, and enjoy the lack of SNOW! Wink Grin
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: January 22, 2010, 10:14:58 AM »

I think that people go to Quartzsite because other people go to Quartzsite.  Then there's an RV show in Quartzsite because people go to Quartzsite.  And there are dozens (maybe 100s) of rallies in Quartzsite because people go to Quartzsite.  As to why people go to Q in the first place, its a long story kind of like the chicken & the egg but now I think its just because people go to Quartzsite.

The first time we came here we swore we'd never come back but we've been back pretty well every year for over 15 years now, mainly because people go to Quartzsite.  Its just what you do if you are in an RV in the western US at about this time of the year.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
loosenut
Confidently Ignorant

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2010, 11:16:14 AM »

Another word on Thursdays weather.  Lisa and I came over the mountains with M&C.  The wind was from the south.  I don't know the speed but it blew a sandstorm of wet sand obscuring the road.  The bus was stable but the passengers were annoyed and uneasy with the constant buffeting.  It blew the mirror glass out of the passenger side rearview mirror. 

When we headed north on 95 with the tail wind just off the back of the bus to the drivers side.  It was strong enough that it blew water in the rear seal of drivers sliding glass and this continued until about 30 mph speed.

The best thing about the 'tall tail' wind is, I arrived with more fuel that I left with. Wink

As to the question about why the Q?  One of the reasons, that people come here is partially location.  It is an easy drive and possibly the closest stop to Los Angeles and surrounding population outside of CA.

Mike

Sold 85 Neoplan 33ft 6V92ta, sadly busless
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2010, 11:33:51 AM »

Let's face it Mike - the real reason people come to Quartzsite is because Michael Hargis is performing here at 4:00 today.  And he brought hit-it-honey with him. 

R.J.(Bob) Evans
My website
Our weblog
basil

93 Eagle 15-45, 89 Bluebird All American FE

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2010, 01:16:37 PM »

We are considering go to Q now from LA,  can anyone tell me what the conditions are at Q now (Friday)?  Muddy, raining, etc.?  Thanks!
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2010, 01:24:03 PM »

Right now, no rain all day although it is cloudy and we may get some tonite. Been drying out all day, ground in most places is ok from what i have seen. Tomorrow is supposed to be better.

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2010, 01:40:52 PM »

Well, Quartzsite is the type of place you can buy a big, mounted moose name Morty and an elk named Elvis!  You think I'm kidding don't you. Cheesy  Christy Hicks
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 03:13:44 PM by Christyhicks » Logged

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2010, 02:01:39 PM »

We are considering go to Q now from LA,  can anyone tell me what the conditions are at Q now (Friday)?  Muddy, raining, etc.?  Thanks!

It has tried hard but never succeeded in raining today.  The desert dries up quick.  Come on over - there's lots of room.

R.J.(Bob) Evans
My website
Our weblog
bobsw

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2010, 05:24:19 PM »

Quartzsite is the place that people who spend a half million $ on a coach and look for a place to camp for free so they can shop for bargains at the flee markets.

73 MCI-7
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2010, 07:55:54 PM »

Quartzsite is the place that people who spend a half million $ on a coach and look for a place to camp for free so they can shop for bargains at the flee markets.

Not to mention the free coffee and donuts! Grin

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2010, 08:11:58 PM »

Scott, I take it you never had the free coffee at a Eagle rally it took our guy 2 rallies to figure out how to use the coffee maker 7/11 is your best bet.

good luck

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2010, 08:20:48 PM »

Grin Grin Grin

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2010, 06:17:58 AM »

Well guys and gals, the storms didn't empty all of the water out of the clouds. It's now here in Abilene TX, and we need all we can get! Smiley 85 yesterday, raining today! Roll Eyes

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
cody

« Reply #89 on: January 23, 2010, 07:25:24 AM »

I keep reading about Q and now I figure I've got to check it out at some point, I'm thinking I probably will need solar(how much I don't know yet) before I can do a winter or part of one without hookups, I can already go over a week, almost 2 weeks on my tanks so thats doable I think but the kicker is the solar, I'll have to figure that one out. Q isn't going to happen this year and next year would really be a stretch too.  Way to much to learn about solar still, I'm seeing at least 3 different kinds of panels, all at different prices, some are even talking about flexible panels, so still way to much for this feeble old brain to soak up lol.  I also hear bad things about the wind turbines as being uncomfortably noisey, at 500 a pop for 400 watts or so that would be an option too but still a lot to learn about them.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 07:32:20 AM by cody » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: