Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 28, 2014, 03:50:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 87 Eagle on Ebay  (Read 2181 times)
DaveG

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2010, 10:49:15 AM »

You go Cody...keep us posted
cody

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2010, 11:27:48 AM »

Just called and talked to the guy, says it's got major rust issues, wouldn't eleborate on any of it except that the hangers for the torsion bars still look good, claims 2 to 3 inches of thread left, also said that there is no paperwork for the rebuild, it's what was told to him, in regards to the turbo boost gauge he said eagles never came with them, (mine did lol) that all the instrumentation is in place.  He also said he thinks he has enough windows to replace the ones that were vandalized before he got the bus.  I think I'll pass, he said the vin number wasn't available at this time lol.  He said that the hubmeter was reset at the time of the rebuild thats how he knows it was rebuilt as what the PO told him, I'm not sure thats proof of it or not.  I just didn't get a good gut feeling on this bus.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 11:32:25 AM by cody » Logged
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2010, 12:42:14 PM »

Quote from: DaveG
Anyone know about Dallas Coach Sales?

FWIW; Dave this guy calls me every 2-3 months trying to sell me buses. And I always tell him the same thing. "If you got any nice Setra's I'd like some details and photos. If you got any deals I can't refuse on any other brand send me details, pics, and how much you'll pay me to take it off your hands." Wink
I never hear from him again for 2-3 months and it's always the same
"Hi, I'm John Douglas with Dallas Bus Sales and I just came across your companies information. I wanted to let you know about some of the buses we have for sale."
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
DaveG

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2010, 03:07:53 PM »

Got it Bryce, thanks.

We get those kinda calls here too, it is like "don't you guys read the notes from your last unsolicited sales call?"
SmoothJazz

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2010, 05:54:11 PM »

Turbo Boost Gauges were an option on the Eagle Coaches, if you did not specify thats what you wanted, you did not get it. GSA provided bid packages to manufacturers, such as Eagle, that specified what they wanted and did not ever spec coaches from the standard sales order form that Eagle provided to all of their other customers. Remember that these coaches were out for competitive bids, and anything that was not specified in the bid package, I guarantee did not get installed in the coaches. It was all about low bid!
Van
Billy Van Hagen

89' Silver Eagle 15/40 6V92MUI Boulder City,NV

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2010, 07:05:56 PM »

LoL! it was always reassuring, knowing that, if the G-ride you signed out broke, there was dedicated recovery section that would come get you, no matter what it was Grin

If you are not living on the edge, then you're takin' up too much space!!!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: