Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 04:00:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Indian reservations and fuel  (Read 815 times)
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« on: July 31, 2006, 06:22:59 PM »

On the way into NY I stopped at the local reservation to fillup. I do not normally fillup but the fuel is always cheaper there. The fuel price finder for the local FlyingJ is $2.999 cash price. I paid $2.879 at the reservation with a credit card, same price cash or credit. That 12 cents a gal less. Plus the credit card penalty. Is this common accross the country with reservations or just something in NY?
 While we are on the subject of fuel does a 144 gal tank actually hold 144 gal?

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
Danny

87' MCI 102A3 - getting there...

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 08:36:32 PM »

As in most things - there is total fuel and useable fuel.  They are not always the same thing. 

Danny

I have heard it said, "life comes at you fast".  I didn't know it would be in the shape of a bus  :-)
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 08:51:38 PM »

While we are on the subject of fuel does a 144 gal tank actually hold 144 gal?

IIRC, the 144 figure is when the tank is filled to 90% of actual capacity, allowing 10% for expansion due to heat.

But. . .

Be safe - figure 120 gallons useable out of that 144 actual.  At 5 mpg, that's 600 miles and it's time to fuel.

(Yes, I'm well aware that many coaches get better than 5 mpg.  But I said "Be Safe" - don't push the envelope, unless you happen to enjoy trying to reprime a two-stroke Detroit at Oh Dark Thirty in the rain!)

FWIW. . .

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: