Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 26, 2014, 01:56:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The secret is out, we caved and bought a converted bus!  (Read 5498 times)
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2010, 06:01:13 PM »

Nothing wrong with that choice. I couldn't get close to the $$ amount to even buy the stuff much less the labor it took to convert it when I bought my bus. But now I'm in the process of doing what should have been done to begin with. Some parts were well done and some are pretty cobbled up. But for what I gave for it I couldn't have bought a  used Suburban!

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2010, 08:17:14 PM »

I don't have a clue what type of gas mileage we'll get, but have been told that with the weight of these coaches being in the 42,000 lb range, we should expect about 5 mpg, haha.  Oh well, no one EVER claimed bussin' was cheap,  Cheesy!!

I didn't know your coach used gas! Grin

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2010, 09:10:08 PM »

I did post a few pictures in the "post your bus pictures here" post, if anyone wants to see it.

I don't have a clue what type of gas mileage we'll get, but have been told that with the weight of these coaches being in the 42,000 lb range, we should expect about 5 mpg, haha.  Oh well, no one EVER claimed bussin' was cheap,  Cheesy!!

We actually thought TempBus was a nice looking bus & very comfortable, so this one feels like a real "luxury ride" to us!  We both feel that we were just unbelievably lucky to be at the right place at the right time and I think we'll be pinching ourselves for awhile.  
Everyone has been great and although we've endured a little teasing for being "Pray-vo" people, it's all been in good fun and we've had a blast these days!  Bus people are just so cool!!!!!
  Christy Hicks,
4 buses & quitting counting now

Gas mileage?
Now you even sound like "Prayvo people" Wink But gas is cheaper than diesel! Grin

Only 4, you'd better hurry if your going to keep up with Bestekustoms
Wink
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2010, 06:37:46 AM »

HAHHAHA, well, it's just SOUNDS weird to say, "Diesel mileage", and "fuel mileage" just sounds to, oh, "professional", ha ha, guess I should have said, MPG and nothing else. .. . what can I say. . . . I'm starting to morph. . . I'm starting to feel my nose rise and I'm thinking we need new wardrobes and better "stuff" for this coach Cheesy Grin.   aaaaaahhhh, as I always tell my guys, "It's GOOD to be king!"  Christy HIcks

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2010, 06:51:29 AM »

as I always tell my guys, "It's GOOD to be king!"  Christy HIcks

You really are morphing out if YOU are turning into a KING.   Grin Roll Eyes

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
Christyhicks

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2010, 07:26:09 AM »

HAHHAHA, well, that IS my response when the guys give me a hard time and say, "Well, why do YOU get to go off on a trip and WE have to stay here and work!!!!!"  Angry

Then I add. . ."Besides, how can I afford to travel if you guys don't work hard here to make more money?!?!?!"  That REALLY gets them going!   Grin Grin  Christy

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Singing Land Cruiser
Michael & Christi Hargis

Looking for another Bus

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2010, 08:49:49 PM »

Heeeellllloooooo Christy Hicks!!!!!!!!!!! Hope I didn't pick on you to much at the rally show?!? LOL Grin
Christi and I sure did enjoy meeting the both of you and thank you for the tour of the new bus with all the dead animals stuffed in it!
All the Best, Michael & Christi Hargis

Entertainers/BUSNUTS
http://singinglandcruiser.blogspot.com/
Master Mason, Noble Shriner
Where "R" We ; Leeds, Utah
Christyhicks

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2010, 05:50:39 AM »

Hope I didn't pick on you to much at the rally show

Yeah, well, I should have KNOWN you didn't need any help at that. . . that you were PERFECTLY capable of coming up with stuff on your own!  ha ha. Cheesy

with all the dead animals stuffed in it!

and it goes on! Cheesy Grin  

Yep, sure was good to meet Christi, she's really nice and tolerant. . . OF CERTAIN PEOPLE. Cheesy

Christy
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 05:52:50 AM by Christyhicks » Logged

Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2010, 08:58:23 AM »

Christy,

Around the time you were buying this coach, I was out in Dallas looking at a 1991 Prevost that I intended to buy.  Sonny Gray even did me the huge favor of coming out to approve it.  We did not get it for a couple of reasons.  Anyway, I do not know all the details of your coach, but the interior is far nicer than the one I looked at.  There is no doubt that you guys will be happy with this purchase.  Congratulations!

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Christyhicks

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2010, 07:54:04 PM »

Well, sorry to hear it didn't work out for you, but I guess it just wasn't the right one for you.  '

The fact that this one was pretty much in our back yard, (I've never driven so little to buy ANY RV), was in our price range, was to our taste, and was such a good deal just made it "meant to be" for us.  I'm sure the same will happen for you.

Yeah, ole Sonny, he's a hoot. . .  he seemed to get JUST A LITTLE TOO MUCH FUN out of my embarrassment at the rally Embarrassed  this weekend though, ha ha. .  I'm sure I'll have to plan my payback VEEERRRYYY carefully! Cheesy Grin Grin Grin  Christy Hicks

Singing Land Cruiser
Michael & Christi Hargis

Looking for another Bus

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2010, 11:15:19 PM »

Ouch Christy, you may have just one of my feelings------------------NOT! Roll Eyes Christi is still giving me MOOOOOO about it.
Hey, all in fun right?
All the Best, M&C  Grin

Entertainers/BUSNUTS
Christyhicks

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2010, 07:30:49 AM »

Oh, I'll let you get away with it THIS time. . .ONLY because you just came back with it so quickly and caught me off guard.  I always admire someone who can catch me off guard with something funny! Wink
  I figure that it's much better to have a good sense of humour than to waste your life worried about stuff.  Anyway, you're the one who lost out because you went "home" before Art and I did our acrobatic tricks on his bicycle, so if ANYONE missed out, well, it was you. Wink Wink  Christy

Singing Land Cruiser
Michael & Christi Hargis

Looking for another Bus

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2010, 07:49:10 AM »

You mean to tell me I missed you two wearing the Moose and Elk heads while doing acrobatic tricks on his bicycle? I hope it comes up on youtube! Mental picture, Mental picture...... Shocked
M&C

Entertainers/BUSNUTS
Christyhicks

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2010, 08:02:35 AM »

No, no heads Wink, just very talented performers. . .well, ok, maybe ONE very talented performer and one, very wobbly, scared, "hanging on for dear life" co-conspirator. Grin  Christy

Singing Land Cruiser
Michael & Christi Hargis

Looking for another Bus

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2010, 08:13:34 AM »

You GO girl  Grin

Entertainers/BUSNUTS
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print