Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 17, 2014, 03:11:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The secret is out, we caved and bought a converted bus!  (Read 5603 times)
busshawg

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2010, 12:35:32 PM »

Checked out your pics, very nice ride! Congrads

Have Fun!!
Grant
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2010, 08:06:58 AM »

Thanks, Grant.  I have to admit, we're pretty darn thrilled with it!  All real wood inside, such good quality workmanship, and just barely enough miles to be broke in. . . it was a lot of money for us to spend in this type of economy, but we just knew that we would regret it forever if we didn't purchase that coach.

It was a little scary to buy something like that and then take off on a 3000 mile trip instead of getting to do a shakedown trip, but what the heck, Larry and I have never shrunk from an adventure.  We're hiding out in LA for yet one more day, then back to Quartzsite, and on towards home. . . . not too quickly, but more quickly than we'd like.

Looks like Oklahoma got hit with another ice storm and then 4-5 inches of snow on top of that, so I sure am glad we're out here enjoying the 60-70 degree weather!  I had our girl shut down our office completely on Thursday and hopefully, she'll be able to reopen on Monday if the roads clear up.  My son went to our house and turned the heat up to 70 and cut the power to the well, hoping that we'd survive any moderate term power outages, the rest is just up to fate.

Anyway, thanks again Grant, I sure appreciate the compliment.  Christy

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2010, 04:43:38 PM »

I thought you guys were coming to Yuma?

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
Singing Land Cruiser
Michael & Christi Hargis

Looking for another Bus

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2010, 09:21:44 PM »

or Ramona, CA (San Diego)? Grin

Entertainers/BUSNUTS
http://singinglandcruiser.blogspot.com/
Master Mason, Noble Shriner
Where "R" We ; Leeds, Utah
Christyhicks

1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2010, 09:55:37 PM »

Well, we were running down the road one day (you know this is how ALL of my stories start, right?? Cheesy) on a day outing, and as we headed towards Indio, CA (which is, I'm informed by my mom, the date capital of the US), I pointed out to Larry that we were SOOOO close to LA, we might as well take a few days and visit the sights! 

So, we grabbed the Jeep and made a quick dash for LA, staying on Hollywood Blvd for two nights, then moving on over here to Santa Monica for another couple.  We head back to Quartzsite tomorrow, and will consult with our friends (yes, believe it or not, we actually do have a COUPLE of people who still claim us), and decide when and where we head next.

It's been a hoot and we've had a great time, ESPECIALLY teasing our families back in Oklahoma, who've had to deal with yet ANOTHER ice storm, can you believe it!  Anyway, that's what up with us!  Christy

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: