Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 16, 2014, 06:41:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RV fridge - no flame error  (Read 3451 times)
Hartley

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 11:12:05 AM »

One other possible issue for a propane flame not operating is air in the system.

This does happen when you change lp tanks or the LP has sat in the lines for a long time, It may lose ignition ability until fresh gas is purged through the lines.

My furnace does that usually after a tank change of if it sits for a long time.

Also many New Propane tanks are not purged properly and may have trapped air inside,It usually will eventually work it's way out after a few refills.

Never take a knife to a gunfight!
gus

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 03:43:15 PM »

Nellie,

You have all the grounds you need. Directly to the battery neg is as grounded as you can get in this case!

The wire you don't have connected means your frig won't operate on the DC setting because it has no DC power now! So, any concern you have about using DC to power your frige is meaningless until that wire is connected!

Since this wire says "for heater" you surely have another DC connection which operates the board, just like mine. This had me puzzled?

Please understand that your frig operates on heat (Sounds crazy, I know, but true) no matter if you are on LP, AC or DC. They all operate heaters. This is not true of household type friges.

Sorry I confused you, but I was talking about my own frig which probably is not grounded back to the batt based on other electrical problems I've found so far.

My AC system was improperly grounded and I spent many hours correcting that.

I probably will install another ground wire just as a backup to whatever I have now. I don't want to run another ground wire to the batt, that is a major pain in the neck on a completed conversion.

I haven't actually checked my frig ground setup yet so I don't know what I have. It is working great so it will have to wait a while.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: