Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 07:05:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What would you do  (Read 4066 times)
Nellie Wilson

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2010, 11:48:46 PM »

Thanks Timkar -

Just saw those photos and... wow! What a gorgeous machine! It's like Busnut104 crawled into my head and snapped photos of my dreams. That bus is what I fantasize mine someday(?) becoming. I cannot imagine why somebody hasn't snapped it up.

Busnut 104, if you're out there, don't you dare tear that bus apart (picture Nellie shaking her finger at you) Smiley. But, seriously, please don't... not just to repower a damn old dump truck you hardly use anyway (from the sound of it).

From a logical standpoint, any decent bus has (all things being equal) the same salvage value. I'm talking factory components - drivetrain, body panels, etc. Sure, the value of add-ons varies from bus to bus but - bottom line - it's nickels on dollars. Even brand-spanking-new 'stuff' is used stuff once it's torn out. Not to mention the hassle of ads, and the BS that goes with selling it piecemeal.

From a purely emotional standpoint:  Don't give me (even more) sleepless nights! I can't bear the thought of your beautiful bus being sent to the scrapper! if I had it, I'd give you the $$ right now - if only to save that bus. Promise you'll do nothing along those lines, at least without talking?

Send me a PM?. Maybe we can come up with some ideas?

Nellie

Had to change a tire... Angry  got to put it on backward... Undecided  still trying to fix it on photoshop... Huh Roll Eyes Huh
busnut104

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2010, 04:26:30 PM »

Well the bus is safe for now, I talked to the shop where my truck is and we are going to take Tom C suggestion and tear her down and see if we think a ring job, and resealing the liners will do the trick, If it does and I should know is a couple of weeks, I'm going to get serious and advertise the bus like some of the suggestions on this post and one of the new post where to sell a bus.   So keep your eyes open and if any one knows some one who want a completely rebuilt bus give me a call. Contact information is on sellabus add or I should be able to be contacted on this board, I visit it a couple times a day, and I probably still will even after I sell the bus, I still love these big machines.    Thanks for all of your input.       
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: