Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 22, 2014, 12:40:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New to this board and looking for info on my Silversides  (Read 2256 times)
keithshotrodshop

Ignore
« on: August 01, 2006, 07:32:43 AM »

Hello All! My name is Keith Kodet. I have recently become a bus nut, with a special fondness for the silversides. A few weeks ago, I bought my first one, a 1947 PD3751. She is totally gutted, but runs and drives like a dream. I am going out to San Diego in a few weeks to drive her back to Michigan! I am looking for any and all information regarding silversides series bus, as well as info about my particular bus. I already have a couple of articles, and alot of contacts of silversides owners, but more are always appreciated.

As for my particular bus, my wife and I plan to convert it to an art-deco RV, using lots of 1930's 40's and 50's pieces. My serial number is PD3751673. The bus has been in San Diego awhile, and has 93 california plates on it. It is a collage of colors, wearing dark blue in the front, with a mostly red roof (parts have been painted white) with faded black around the windows and engine compartment. On the passenger rear side is a faded number 139. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I am escpesially looking for where it was delivered, it's old stomping grounds, as well as if there is any way to know the exact milage? I'm sure it's in the millions, but I would just love to know. Feel free to email me, post at this board, or even give me a call at 810-614-8038. Thanks.
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 08:01:02 AM »

Hello keith,

Welcome to our Board!

I also like silversides...  You should contact one of our members, Dave Siegal.  He has a beauty!

His site is: http://www.cruiser-magazine.com/

Feel free to post with any more questions you might have.

Nick Badame

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Merlin

Run away before the kids come back home.

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 09:04:25 AM »

... a special fondness for the silversides. ...my wife and I plan to convert it to an art-deco RV, using lots of 1930's 40's and 50's pieces.

Wow ... let us live vicariously through your new adventure.† Those old classics tug at my heart strings.† Keep us informed with a running dialog and pictures of the rebirth of that art deco beauty.† Hit us with questions on "bus stuff" as you get into the project.† If we don't know the answers, we know where to hunt for answers.

Merlin

Bus conversion is DONE, and now the home for full-time travel.  Look for me parked in front of your house.
roadrunnertex

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 11:23:29 AM »

PD3751-673 from GMC to Union Pacific Stages,Inc.1947
Northwest Greyhound Lines later bought Union Pacific Stages,Inc
The coach number then assigned by Greyhound was Y-517
I do not know the date that Union Pacific Stages,Inc. was bought by Greyhound.
jlv
keithshotrodshop

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 04:52:43 PM »

I'm sorry, but I am new to this whole bus thing. Are you saying mine was never shipped to greyhound, but instead to Union Pacific Stages. Also are you saying my orignal number was Y-517? I do appreciate the help.
roadrunnertex

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 09:07:02 PM »

Union Pacific Stages bought your Silverside new from GMC then Northwest Greyhound Lines  bought U.P.Stages and then Northwest Greyhound Lines Numbered it Y-517.
jlv
larryc

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 01:56:52 AM »

For more info on the Silversides and other coaches see:

www.reddenarchives.com

and

www.coachinfo.com

LarryC

Bus Maintenance, Parts and Operators Manuals
Coach Information Network  www.coachinfo.com

Videos and Photos from the dean of
bus photographers, Bob Redden
Redden Archives   www.reddenarchives.com
keithshotrodshop

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 08:15:15 PM »

It was my understanding that all of the PD3751s were ordered directly by greyhound, am I mistaken? My dash does say greyhound lines stamped right into it.
roadrunnertex

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 10:09:32 AM »

Hi,
Greyhound Lines would let other bus companies buy the Silversides if these bus companies interlined with Greyhound Lines.
The other bus companies that bought the Silversides were.
Interstate Transit Lines which became Overland Greyhound Lines.
Union Pacific Stages Inc.to Overland Greyhound Lines &Northwest Greyhound Lines.
Edwards Motor Transit Co.
Missouri,Kansas & Oklahoma Coach Lines Tulsa,OK
Jefferson Transportation Company.
Crown Coach Company. Joplin,MO
Short Way Lines Inc.
Indian Trails Inc.
North Coast Transportation Company
Greyhound had pool service with these bus companies and each company used Greyhound equipment or there own equipment on the selected routes that they ran.
jlv
keithshotrodshop

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2006, 05:43:25 PM »

Thanks for the info! So would greyhound have installed a different dash in my bus once they took over the other company?
roadrunnertex

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2006, 09:52:19 PM »

Good question I am not sure if the buses that went to these other bus companys had a blank plate or a Greyhound Lines plate on the dash.
I will ask some other bus historians that I am in contact with.
jlv
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: