Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 21, 2014, 02:40:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: tank vent help needed  (Read 5206 times)
PCC

Serving Those Who Have Served

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2010, 05:42:41 AM »

I used spa hose and routed it through the pocket door wall and up to the roof. 
http://www.webcove.com/eagle/images/2007-11/04/11wallwvent.htm

Clean job !!

For some, patience is a virtue.
Dealing with me, it is required.
Thank God - He is always patient.
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2010, 06:11:38 AM »

My bus was owned by a blues singer before I got it, he had it converted by the Caldwells, they are a very respected professional conversion company,  the black water tank had a straight drop out the bottom thru the bottom of the bay floor, controled by an air switch on the dash lol, the vent also went straight down thru the floor, I've been piling sawdust in buses, motorhomes, travel trailers and all sorts of rvs in between for years, I've seen probably every concievable combination of factory venting including a system years ago that fed the contents of the black and grey tank into the exhaust system that supposedly burned them creating a no dump tank lol.  I realize the codes are there, I also realize that they tend to have a way of getting around them as the engineering needs dictate at times.

Cody,

Builders of entertainer coaches have their own code book, which they keep a top secret. 

I have torn into a few of them myself, their theory seems to be that rules only exist to be broken.

I mentioned here a couple of years ago about the tank drains straight out the bottom with no hose connection, and the response was that it was ridiculous, nobody would do that.  The driver typically dumped the tanks going down the Interstate at 2:00 A.M.

Generally, the rules are no poo on an entertainer bus, but stuff happens.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
PCC

Serving Those Who Have Served

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2010, 09:23:10 AM »

Remember the bus that dumped while crossing a bridge, and they paid huge fines in a court decision. That was an entertainer coach.

For some, patience is a virtue.
Dealing with me, it is required.
Thank God - He is always patient.
philiptompkjns

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2010, 01:48:23 PM »

thanks for arguing all sides guys, it gives the young guys a chance to see every aspect of an issue without having to try them all Wink

1990 102a3... Just got started, don't  know  what I'm doing.
gus

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: February 04, 2010, 03:46:56 PM »

If you had read your quote of my statement more carefully you would have noticed that I said fixed structures which is what my plumbing book covers. I also said "primarily", at no place did I say "no or none".

Fixed structure systems are not exactly like RVs, but close.

I've changed my mind, I'm going to leave my bus system just like it is and risk the full wrath of the code police.

I'm also pretty sure I didn't advise anyone else to use a bottom vent. All I remember posting is how mine is rigged and how well it has worked. I stand corrected if you find I said anything differently elsewhere. I think that most bnuts can figure this out for themselves.

I try to avoid advising as much as possible, informing is usually a better way to go. If I do advise I don't become indignant if my advice is not followed.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: