Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 01, 2014, 01:05:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: lucky day for me!  (Read 761 times)
bigtim44

Red buses go faster!

Ignore
« on: August 02, 2006, 04:59:06 PM »

Me thinks I got the deal of the week...I was told about an equipment surplus auction at the local transit authority.To cut a long story short I ended up with a complete from turbo to oilpan mechanical 6V92turbo  detroit diesel engine ,completely overhauled by Diesel Performance in 2005 never fitted and still in the crate. for .....wait for it .... $2000. Grin.I guess you could call me a happy camper. Grin
I asked them why they hadn't used the motor,I was told that all the buses had been upgraded to series 50 or series 60 motors.

Tim

Basalt Colorado
1986 TMC 102A3,6V92,Auto 740,conversion in progress.
http://redbusconversion.blogspot.com/
Glenn MC9

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 05:25:03 PM »

Hey Tim,

Have they got any more 6V-92's?

Glenn
1984 MCI-9 Jersery Cruiser
Tallulah Falls, Ga.

1984 MCI-9 (Jersey Cruiser)
6V92-TA/Alison 740
Tallulah Falls, Ga.
www.tlmmusic.com.

Everywhere I go.....there I am.
bigtim44

Red buses go faster!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 06:12:49 PM »

Glen
there was just one engine in the  auction,
But I do know where all the EPA outlawed neoplans are that they got rid of.some had fresh rebuilt 6v92's put in them just before they where canned.A salvage company came in and charged the transit authority $5000 to take away 12 neoplans and most of them were driven away by the salvage company. I think the company is called Eagle auto salvage,in Eagle Colorado

Hey Tim,

Have they got any more 6V-92's?

Glenn
1984 MCI-9 Jersery Cruiser
Tallulah Falls, Ga.

Basalt Colorado
1986 TMC 102A3,6V92,Auto 740,conversion in progress.
http://redbusconversion.blogspot.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: