Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 20, 2014, 05:39:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to advertise a bus.  (Read 956 times)
Charles in SC

Ignore
« on: February 03, 2010, 08:18:14 AM »

Where is the best place or way to advertise a conversion for sale?

S8M 5303 built in 1969, converted in 2000
Just Dallas
Bus Conversion Stuff on a Budget

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2010, 08:41:35 AM »

Removed
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 12:58:51 PM by Now Just Dallas » Logged

I'm just an old chunk of coal... but I'm gonna be a diamond someday.
bobofthenorth

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2010, 09:00:05 AM »

6 years ago when we were shopping we looked in several magazines with print classified sections - Bus Conversions, FMCA and the Western Producer which is a western Canadian classified ad paper.  We also looked online extensively and ultimately found the frenchy-bus in some obscure online classified page.

I think you need to have a variety of locations where you advertise.  Too many people put an ad in one location and then wonder why nothing happens.  You need some online exposure and you need some conventional print exposure.  Don't discount the value of a sign in the window either - we stopped and looked at several that were sitting along the road with a For Sale sign in the window. 

And don't assume that your buyer will know much about where busses are likely to be advertised.  Obviously a buyer is going to have to be at least a little disposed to busses to even consider buying your bus but he may not have a clue about this BBS or any of the bus print media which we know about.  The hardest part of advertising is to think like a customer.  I tend to buy advertising that would work on me but I always need to remind myself "I'm not the customer."

R.J.(Bob) Evans
1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
My website
Our weblog
Simply growing older is not the same as living.
Sam 4106

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2010, 03:29:55 PM »

Hi folks,
My wife made up some fliers with a couple of pictures and the features of our GM 4106. She put an ad on Craig's list last fall, passed around a few to our friends, put one on any bulletin board that would let her, and put one in the window of the bus along with a For Sale sign. All of these methods have generated lookers but what has most likely sold our bus is parking in a campground in Quartzsite, Arizona with our MC8. The guy living across the street saw our MC8 and came over to see if it was for sale. We told him no, but we have a GM 4106 for sale. We showed him pictures and gave him a flier. Last Sunday (after we are back home) he called and said his parents (over the road truckers) were in the area and would like to look at the bus for him. They looked at it and the buyer called Monday and agreed to buy it. No money has changed hands yet so it is only tentatively sold. The point of this post is to try any methods that you can think of and others suggest to get the bus as much exposure as possible.
Good luck, Sam MC8

1976 MCI-8TA with 8V92 DDEC II and Allison HT740
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 04:39:09 PM »

Sam, i saw one of your fliers in one of the vendor's booths at Quartzsite when we were up for the rally. I think  they were selling kitchen stuff, and were just east of the entrance to the rally and on the north side of the road. Grin

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
Singing Land Cruiser
Michael & Christi Hargis

Looking for another Bus

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 04:58:41 PM »

Hi Charles, I agree with BOTN, Sam and Big D. Mostly you need to keep your eye on the prize ;

The hardest part of advertising is to think like a customer.

Here is what we did; When I got the hair brained idea that we needed a BOAT, Christi SPLANNED things to me and we agreed on a BUS. I went to work on the internet. I used both Google and Yahoo because I found different listings on each of them. I punched in all the key words; Bus, bus for sale, bus conversions, bus surplus, used buses, bus shells, discount buses, tour bus for sale..... This got me darn near all the "bus for sale" adds around the world. From there I got to click on Ebay, C-list, BBS to name a few. I also got a lot of great "How To" sites but thats another story. We found our Buses, "yes, BUSES" on line. One MCI 102a3 on ebay and the Crown super coach on c-list. Heance another story! My point is to put your add everywhere you can and when/if you choose the internet, use as many "key words" as you can think of. Even if you post the info about the bus and then on the bottem of the page type in every key word/s you can think your customer can think of. Hope this helps. All the Best, M&C Grin
Our blog;   http://singinglandcruiser.blogspot.com/    for the other stories.

Entertainers/BUSNUTS
http://singinglandcruiser.blogspot.com/
Master Mason, Noble Shriner
Where "R" We ; Leeds, Utah
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: