Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 24, 2014, 06:02:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Am I crazy: Roof raise and fiberglassing?  (Read 5185 times)
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2010, 05:48:50 PM »

Jeremy, I like your idea of doing a roof raise from the top.  That works great if you are keeping the original windows.

Unfortunately, in my case I probably am forced to reskin unless I can find a trim piece for the the junction between the two pieces of metal I would have.  I already skinned over all of the original windows and cut new window holes.  I'm not even sure I could maintain the integrity of the roof if I tried to do the job from the top.  Still something to think about.  Removing the skin and doing it again is a huge amount of work.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
DaveG

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2010, 06:44:21 PM »

Wow, you are right there in Minnesota, can't be far from Gumpy can ya? Check out his website...has the threaded rod lifters I believe.

Craig, you do some nice work.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: