Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 25, 2014, 08:55:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Am I crazy: Roof raise and fiberglassing?  (Read 5397 times)
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2010, 05:48:50 PM »

Jeremy, I like your idea of doing a roof raise from the top.  That works great if you are keeping the original windows.

Unfortunately, in my case I probably am forced to reskin unless I can find a trim piece for the the junction between the two pieces of metal I would have.  I already skinned over all of the original windows and cut new window holes.  I'm not even sure I could maintain the integrity of the roof if I tried to do the job from the top.  Still something to think about.  Removing the skin and doing it again is a huge amount of work.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
DaveG

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2010, 06:44:21 PM »

Wow, you are right there in Minnesota, can't be far from Gumpy can ya? Check out his website...has the threaded rod lifters I believe.

Craig, you do some nice work.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: