Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 31, 2014, 02:46:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bus Parking Idea  (Read 2496 times)
Frank @ TX

Ignore
« on: August 02, 2006, 06:28:16 AM »

Rather than parking it beside the house, look at this.
http://www.pflow.com/Pages/Recreational.html

Frank
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 06:32:21 AM »

Somehow, I don't think the owner of that bus is a member of this board.

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Beatenbo

1993 MCI 102 C3 Cat Power

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 06:50:00 AM »

I would think if you had a bus like that you would want to park in the driveway so every body could see it !!!
Brian Diehl

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 06:50:28 AM »

Yeeaaaaahhhhhh
n4rsn

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 07:23:19 AM »

I would love to have one of those, but, I couldn't afford to dig the hole. !!!!! Undecided
busboy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 07:31:48 AM »

The guy who built that had to be a Navy man who wanted to be reminded of his days shuttlling aircraft on the deck of a carrier...
I have a relative in Texas that if he had a bus would have probably done something like this if he owned a bus.  He is currently building a house out of I-Beams and he designed his own elevator that uses a hydraulic ram out of a dump truck(the first go at this used a Warn winch like you put on the front of a Jeep).  I bet that contraption is a tax write-off.
Happy Trails,
Brent
TomC

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 07:33:12 AM »

If I had that kind of money, I'd buy a limo, have a driver, and stay at the finest 5-6 star resorts.  And that would be on the interest alone!   Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
akbusguy2000

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 10:36:56 AM »

If my bus was 55 feet long I'd want to keep it out of sight too!

tg
jjrbus

MCI5C/N Ft Myers FL

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 07:05:34 PM »

I cannot belive these guy's, when I let them take the pictures I told them my bus was 35 feet not 55 feet. I told them it was a motor coach and not a recreational vehicle. The top is not concrete to blend in with the driveway it is blacktop to blend in with my driveway. I am sorry I ever let them on the property!!!!! Just goes to show, you cannot belive anything you read.

Remember, even at a Mensa convention someone is the dumbest person in the room!

http://photobucket.com/buspictures

http://photobucket.com/buspictures
Danny

87' MCI 102A3 - getting there...

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2006, 09:41:48 PM »

Whoa!

I have heard it said, "life comes at you fast".  I didn't know it would be in the shape of a bus  :-)
brojcol
Jimmy

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2006, 07:00:51 AM »

I'm with TomC on this one, whoever has this contraption and setup, don't need to be servicing a recreational vehicle anyway. Wink

Jimmy

"Ask yourself this question...Are you funky enough to be a globetrotter?  Well are you???  ARE YOU?!?!

deal with it."            Professor Bubblegum Tate
FloridaCliff

"The Mighty GMC"

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2006, 07:21:02 AM »

I wouldn't be a bit surprized if this guy had a Home Owners assoc. that said no parking of a Bus/RV on the driveway or side of house

and he found away around there rules.

Nothing about "under" in those covenants Mr Attorney.

Cliff
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 07:33:04 AM by FloridaCracker » Logged

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2006, 07:39:24 AM »

These systems (for regular cars) are quite common in central London due to the lack of parking spaces (and lots of very rich people with very expensive houses). I've always thought you could build one comparitively easily by using a 40' shipping container somehow.

Incidentally, in Tokyo they have complete multi-storey car-parks on the same basis - you drive to the entrance, leave your car on a steel platform and walk away. Various robots and lots of hydraulics then 'stack' your car in amongst hundreds of others in giant racks, all packed in tightly to maximise the use of the limited space available.

I saw a program on TV a few years ago (before Japan's economy went bad), talking about the property prices in Tokyo - the TV presenter got a little plastic hotel from the 'Monopoly' board game, and put it on the ground. He then said 'the piece of land that hotel is on is worth 1500' (approx $2300). Apparently the mortgages for TINY private appartments typically run over 3 or 4 generations of the family

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
Len Silva

Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2006, 07:50:16 AM »

I've wondered (there I go again, wondering  Roll Eyes), about the idea of high rise RV parks in the middle of large cities. I think it would be neat to camp in Manhattan for a few days.

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.
Merlin

Run away before the kids come back home.

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2006, 08:01:25 AM »

Ironic !!! Just last week-end I was thinking of installing one of those in my driveway. Someone is always beating me to the punch. Maybe I'll get to it next week-end. Roll Eyes

Bus conversion is DONE, and now the home for full-time travel.  Look for me parked in front of your house.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: