Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 19, 2014, 03:00:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hmmm - Anybody heard from Nick since the storm?  (Read 909 times)
WEC4104

Ignore
« on: February 08, 2010, 07:56:37 PM »

I'm sitting here wondering if anybody has had any contact with Nick in the last few days.  Cape May, NJ was slammed pretty hard by the recent storm and the news services are reporting that 39,000 homes are still without electricity.  If Nick is one of the affected homes, I'm figuring he is probably in the bus with the genny fired up. (Or maybe he got the heck outa dodge before it hit.)  Could be his internet capabilities got whacked, however.

I did a quick check, and his last post on this board was Friday Feb 5th, at 5:22pm.... which is just about the time the storm was starting to reach Cape May.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 08:23:09 PM by WEC4104 » Logged

If you're going to be dumb, you gotta be tough.
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 08:11:09 PM »

I got an email from him today.  His business has a couple of big projects underway right now and that is keeping him pretty busy.
WEC4104

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 08:29:02 PM »

Glad to hear Nick is just busy.   We are bracing for another snow pounding tomorrow night and into Wednesday (which I thoroughly enjoy).  It should put us in the record books as the snowiest winter ever recorded for Phila. ... and we are only half way through February.

If you're going to be dumb, you gotta be tough.
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 04:15:44 AM »

Hi Wayne & Mike,

We were hit pretty bad with ice and snow.. 29" of snow and a good layer of ice..

I personally never lost power but most everyone else did. We took in friends at my shop and

my home... Cable internet is still down but, my aircard is working and very slow.

I have never seen so many mangeled telephone poles with wires hanging everywhere. I have seen

buildings where the power lines ripped there walls down, Trees busted in half from the weight of

the snow, and to drive around obsticals in the roads is challanging.... My poor 18hp tractor/plow

set up is strainning just to try and push this stuff a few feet. We will dig out...!! Soon I hope..

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 05:19:28 AM »

Nick senior and Mom are getting a tan....

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 10:46:59 AM »

I had to endure a big ice storm several years back and we never got electricity back to commercial business's for 3 weeks. I sure got tired of running a welding shop off of generators, 4 of them to be exact! Hope the recovery time is quick. I'll bet you're glad you got that deck done when you did!!

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 10:48:09 AM »

Nick senior and Mom are getting a tan....

Yea Bob, I know.... You are enjoying the tan with them!!
Have a great time down there.
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: