Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 28, 2014, 06:05:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where can I find Rubatex R 320 adhesive? Need it now!  (Read 2248 times)
NJT5047

Ignore
« on: April 11, 2006, 08:36:16 PM »

Got a generator issue that may be in the process of resolution.  Maybe.   Anyone know where I can locate Rubatex R 320 adhesive?    It's used to affix the neoprene steam pipe soundproofing to the metal panels. Ran out and had to quit.  Figured  WW Grainger would have, but nope.   Embarrassed
Anyone know who uses that sort of stuff?  HVAC guys?

Thanks!       Thanks Much!  Cool

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 08:42:36 PM »

If anyone sells this stuff, let me know.  I'll call tomorrow!  That was Rubatex R 320.   If a better product is avail,  please let me know.  This stuff glues Rubatex neoprene to metal.   Tough as nails and not heat sensitive. 
Best, JR
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 08:45:44 PM by NJT5047 » Logged

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand
Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2006, 03:27:04 AM »

JR,

I have purchaced it at NAPA in the past.

It's a common adhesive used for automotive use, door gaskets, ect.

We use it for some Comm. refrig. door gaskets. good stuff!

Nick Badame-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Dallas

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 03:53:51 AM »

I;m not sure about Rubatex, but I've had great luck with "Gorilla Snot", 3M brand Super Weather Strip Adhesive. I put in weather seal on my slide windows in 2003 and where I used Gorilla Snot it hasn't come loose, but where I used the GM adhesive had to all be redone.
IHTH
Dallas
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 07:29:40 PM »

NAPA didn't know what I was talking about...however, all was saved by WW Grainger. They sell it.  NAPA probably had it in stock, but they got lots of newbies that just don't know what the H is going on.  Very few good parts guys anymore. 
Thanks, JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

Ayn Rand
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: