Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 20, 2014, 04:58:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You can zoom in to make the text larger and easier to read.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DD3 Brake Chamber rebuild  (Read 9728 times)
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2006, 11:16:27 AM »

Experimenting with the park brake at 50 MPH (or 30 or even 20 MPH), on pavement, could be counterproductive on an old coach. If the park brakes work really well, you may pull the drive axle and associated components loose. May not either...ya'll let me know. Shocked
This is something to test at a barely rolling speed....I would think. Huh
On a wet street, this activity would assure loss of control. Reckon one cannot always predict failure induced emergency brake applications, but deliberately setting the park brakes at any speed could be dangerous.
I will be too happy to evaluate all data available from those that attempt this daring feat! Wink
My does centavos, JR Cool

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: