Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 23, 2014, 11:59:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: By clicking on any ad, a hotlink takes you directly to the advertiserís website.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 8v71 Turbo on Ebay  (Read 683 times)
Tom Y

80 5C With Cummins L10 in Progress

Ignore
« on: February 11, 2010, 11:05:23 AM »

#320314989493  Not sure if this may help someone here?  Tom Y

Tom Yaegle
Don Fairchild

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 07:11:07 PM »

Most of these engine are good engines. I have bought several over the years and if you go to the auction you get them for between $250.00 and $700.00 There is good and bad about them.

The bad, the flywhell and flywheel hosing need to be changed, you can,t use the exhaust manifolds, or the water manifolds, that is a old style turbo and you don't want it. You need to find thermostat housings, depending on injectors you may need to change them. You need to look at the cylinder kits, I have found somw of them with four compresion rings they are not good for street use. you can use the bundle oil cooler but you may not want to. you need to pull the blower and and remove the diesel fired air box heater, and there are a few other things. if you have an exchange engine your in luck.

the good. most of these engines have new blocks, heads, cranke and only have dyno time on them, some of them have the 12V oil pump in the pan. These pumps move a larger volume of oil but don't raise the pressure. there's peobly a few other things but I can't think of them now.

Don
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: