Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 30, 2014, 12:22:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not incur forwarding fees when you are on the road.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: newbi here  (Read 3161 times)
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2010, 08:41:05 AM »

BK, one summer or fall of piling sawdust in and around that bus and you guys would have a fair to middling bus to cruise in.

Cody -

BK's love of Setra's would make that a fun project, even tho he'd have to figure out how to work around the sunken aisle design of that model.

About the only way to level the floor in the S215/217 series is to do a roof raise, because the baggage bay door mechanisms and the powertrain support framing is hidden under the raised portions of the floor.

Neat thing about them, tho, is their fantastically tight turning circle and great highway handling - sort of the BMW of buses.  (Far better handling than their Belgian competitor NanFools, that's for sure!) The forty-foot S215 has a 35-foot turning circle - tighter than it's own length!

In the meantime, hopefully Outlaw will get together with another busnut or bus mechanic to take a look at that 4905, just to get an idea of what's out there.

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 03:43:45 PM by RJ » Logged

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
cody

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2010, 11:36:38 AM »

Yep, you got that right RJ lol, I tell BK that he's got the only bus where the driver can check his own taillights lol.
gus

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2010, 07:05:03 PM »

Outlaw,

I own a GM 4104 and will be in Edmonds in late May.

I'll be glad to go with you to look the bus over if you're still thinking about it in May.

Take your time and check the internet and this forum for all you can find out about 4905s, they are one of the best ones GM built.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Outlaw

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2010, 07:29:27 PM »

ok, got the owners # and where the bus is at. i will be going on vac. for a week, so won't be able to look till the following week. ? for all of you. since this bus is about 34 yrs old. are parts still out there to be gotton in case something should break and are they easly found? i know alot of you own busses that are as old if not older.
i will look at this and if i really want to jump, yes i will take someone with me that knows what is going on. i do have some knowledge but with hdt as i worked on em for awhile. no i have no bus knowledge. well thats it for awhile. you all take care and will be back soon.

Outlaw

John and Colleen
Bothell, WA
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2010, 12:44:11 AM »

ok, got the owners # and where the bus is at.

John -

I don't think it's posted in the ad, but get the VIN number (P8M4905-XXXX) from the owner, and myself or RoadRunnerTex will look up who originally bought the coach from GMC.

Parts are available, but certain ones are getting harder to get.

If you take the plunge, we'll give you all kinds of parts sources, as well as humorous jabs!  (Like this one!  LOL!)

Enjoy your vacation, and LEAVE THE COMPUTER AT HOME!

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: