Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 19, 2014, 11:16:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not turn yellow, get musty, dusty, and mildewed or fade.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for flexible connector 6" diameter for air intake  (Read 4145 times)
dbenck

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2010, 07:38:24 AM »

Brian...did the flex show up ?.... and will it work ? I should have sent you some SS hose clamps for it, we found a box of them yesterday from the same job.   Huh

David Benck
Brian Diehl

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2010, 12:14:13 PM »

Hi David,
Yes, the flex did arrive on Friday.  I'm going to give it a try yet this afternoon to see how it will work.  Thank you sending it.  I'll have the postage out to you soon.  Thanks again!
dbenck

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2010, 05:27:54 AM »

Yes...hope it works.

David
Brian Diehl

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2010, 04:25:22 PM »

I tried the flex hose.  It would not go over the rubber.  The rubber looks to be 6 1/8" in diameter when the aluminum pipe is inside to keep it rigid.  The flex would not "stretch" at all.  That is some supper strong spring steel!  I did take the opportunity of working on the intake connector to double up the rubber coupling.  This way if I miss the outer rubber's initial crack I will still have the inner one. 

The search goes on ...
dbenck

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2010, 05:13:46 PM »

Brian..that's no good  Sad that stuff does not have any give to it.
Sorry it did not work...I thought I found your fix.

David P. Benck
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: