Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 19, 2014, 06:16:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for flexible connector 6" diameter for air intake  (Read 4144 times)
dbenck

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2010, 07:38:24 AM »

Brian...did the flex show up ?.... and will it work ? I should have sent you some SS hose clamps for it, we found a box of them yesterday from the same job.   Huh

David Benck
Brian Diehl

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2010, 12:14:13 PM »

Hi David,
Yes, the flex did arrive on Friday.  I'm going to give it a try yet this afternoon to see how it will work.  Thank you sending it.  I'll have the postage out to you soon.  Thanks again!
dbenck

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2010, 05:27:54 AM »

Yes...hope it works.

David
Brian Diehl

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2010, 04:25:22 PM »

I tried the flex hose.  It would not go over the rubber.  The rubber looks to be 6 1/8" in diameter when the aluminum pipe is inside to keep it rigid.  The flex would not "stretch" at all.  That is some supper strong spring steel!  I did take the opportunity of working on the intake connector to double up the rubber coupling.  This way if I miss the outer rubber's initial crack I will still have the inner one. 

The search goes on ...
dbenck

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2010, 05:13:46 PM »

Brian..that's no good  Sad that stuff does not have any give to it.
Sorry it did not work...I thought I found your fix.

David P. Benck
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: