Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 31, 2014, 09:32:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need radiator for my PD3751  (Read 1012 times)
keithshotrodshop

Ignore
« on: August 02, 2006, 08:18:07 PM »

Does anyone make new ones. Mine can be recored, what should I expect to pay in California to have this done?
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 07:55:39 AM »

Hey Keith,

Any luck with this so far?  What area of California are you in?

Welcome to the board!

Hope this helps, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 08:33:33 AM »

Does anyone make new ones. Mine can be recored, what should I expect to pay in California to have this done?

Try calling Mark at MJ Hot Rods & Fabrication 731-885-1840, he has custom radiators built all the time and can direct you to who to call! Tell him "Busted Knuckle" told ya to call him! BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
keithshotrodshop

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 06:57:49 AM »

Thanks, However I already have a guy in california willing to do it, I just wanted to see what I should expect to pay, because I haven't heard back from him yet. I plan to call him today anyway, but I'll keep your guy in mind.
Dave Siegel

Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 07:30:51 AM »

Keith,

I had the radiator in our Silversides re-cored in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida in an off the way radiator shop, but the guy really knew what he was doing. He used a new core that was 5" thick. The recore price was a little over $800 (that was 9 years ago.) The frame that holds in the core is part of the tank and core holder as well and that had been broken, so I had a shop weld the aluminum back together and they magnafluxed it to be sure there were no leaks, that was an additional $300. I got a high volume fan from a rebuilder (used) and that was $100. I didn't have the original bracket that holds the fan on a remote offset pulley and couldn't find one anywhere here in Florida so I built one out of 5/8" plate steel (cutit with a plasma cutter and ground the sides smooth.) I added a brace but I still get a little vibration between 1950-to- 2000 rpm, then it goes away.

Good luck,

Dave Siegel   1948 Silversides
Naples, Florida

Dave & Jan Siegel    1948 GMC  "Silversides"
               Naples, Florida
   Dave is Host to the "Help Assist Pages"
  (Free roadside help for Bus Conversions)
         www.help-assist-list.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: