Dave, I replaced front brakes on my last MCI. One side front pin slid out, one side I put something solid on the end and drove out with hammer. It took a while. When it moved a little I sprayed WD40 and dove back and forth.
That's exactly how I got it out. I put a block of wood between the differential and the piece with the pin and tapped it with a hammer. It loosened and I got it out easily. I replaced the boot and got everything back together. I just need to mount the bumper and paint a few areas I scraped and I'll be finished. The worst part of this whole project (besides the heat) was getting the hoses back on the inversion valve... anyway, it's over. Thanks for the suggestions, as always.