Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 14, 2014, 09:02:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: From Wannabe to Official Busnut  (Read 1448 times)
txjeff

Ignore
« on: February 22, 2010, 06:43:11 AM »

Well we did, bought our first bus. Went to Houston this week end bought the 73 MC-7C I posted earlier.(and the madness begins).  Made the trip home with no problems....(yeah). Looked over everything to see what actually worked and what didnt I already see I will have lots of questions in the comming weeks, months, years........

The wife and I are planning on attending Dallas and Cats rally in Franklin with the bus in March. Look forward to meeting fellow Busnuts that attend............

73 MC-7combo
Brenham, Texas
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 06:48:27 AM »

Congratulations!

And great that you'll be attending Dallas & Cat's rally.  You'll meet great people, learn a lot and have tons of fun I'm sure.
bubbaqgal

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 07:26:59 AM »

I offer my congratulations, or sympathies, to you for joining this nutty world.  We look forward to meeting you!

Faith is not believing that God can, It's knowing that God will.
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 08:48:00 AM »

Congrats!! But a small correction-we're not official busnuts, we're CERTIFIED! Grin

Good luck to ya, Will

Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 10:46:37 AM »

Congrats on the new purchase. I have a 72 seven so hopefully I'll be able to help out with a few questions. Everything I know about my bus came from this forum and all the help one gets by mearly asking. At times you may have to wade through a lot of advise but everyone is well meaning. I'll be leaving the end of the week for a 3500 mile trip to Florida and back and it'll be my first big outing. Looking forward to it but also a bit nervous! I've been working a lot on the ole girl. Later

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
johns4104s

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 03:40:18 PM »

Congrats, You will be thrilled at your first rally with your bus.

Don't forget to buy towing insurance, watch the gauges, especially the temperature gauge. Calibrate the driver gauge based on the engine gauge so you know the correct temperature.

When you feel like, why did I buy this bus, remember it will pass and we are here to help you,

John
Kwajdiver
MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 07:46:44 PM »

Welcome to Bussing 101..... Shocked

Bill

Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2010, 08:14:47 PM »

Make sure you tell bubbaqgal your bday. She even beat my wife to wishing me a Happy Birthday! But it's too late for you now. Slowly but surely these busnuts start dragging you in. You will start seeing people respond like Luvrbus and Jack Conrad and others that will show you the path. I was even blessed with a response from Fred Hobe (Michael Jordan of bus conversions) once. From time to time you'll be told to "call Luke" at US Coach. Another Bus God. I don't want to leave anyone out but there are some really smart people out there that just can't wait to drag you into this addiction! But like I said... it's too late for you now. All you can do now is warn others and enjoy your new hair pulling late night addiction!!! Soon you will be passing them the koolaide!

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
Singing Land Cruiser
Michael & Christi Hargis

Looking for another Bus

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2010, 08:25:03 PM »

Let the Fun Begin Grin Welcome fellow MCI owner. The more you drive, the Nutter you become. Remember, Mama gets the inside and you get the rest Roll Eyes all the Best, M&C

Entertainers/BUSNUTS
http://singinglandcruiser.blogspot.com/
Master Mason, Noble Shriner
Where "R" We ; Leeds, Utah
Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2010, 08:19:45 AM »

CONGRATS!  Now...there's a 12 step program for recovery...at least, there oughta be! Smiley
Dennis

Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 08:42:08 AM »

CONGRATS!  Now...there's a 12 step program for recovery...at least, there oughta be! Smiley
Dennis

• Step 1: Verify road worthiness, seeking guidance from the forum whenever needed
  • Step 2: Go tin tenting in it
  • Step 3: Strip out the interior, seeking guidance from the forum whenever needed
  • Step 4: Go tin tenting in it
  • Step 5: Design a floor plan and lay it out with tape on the floor, seeking guidance from the forum whenever needed
  • Step 6: Go tin tenting in it, doing your best to adhere to the tape marks as though the items were in place.
  • Step 7: Refine the floor plan, seeking guidance from the forum whenever needed
  • Step 8: Go tin tenting in it, trying out the revised floor plan
  • Step 9: Start the conversion project, take it camping occasionally, attend rallies with it and seek guidance from the forum whenever needed.
  • Step 10: Maintain the drive train and other essential systems in good working order, seeking guidance from the forum whenever needed
  • Step 11: Photograph it, write the story and submit it for Cover Feature on BCM
  • Step 12: Use your bus every chance you get and keep refining it.

Actually this 12 step plan is known to not cure you of the addiction, it actually makes it worse.  But anyone that has this addiction doesn't really want to be cured anyway and it is a lot more fun than most 12 step programs.  Grin
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 04:44:07 PM »

See ya at Dallas and Cat's rally, and we'll kick a tire or two over a cup of joe!

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: