Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 23, 2014, 05:30:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I look up MCI VIN number?  (Read 2447 times)
1Tim612

Ignore
« on: February 22, 2010, 01:17:10 PM »

Hi!
Were looking at buying a bus in AZ and was given VIN 9681. Is there a way to look up the history on it?
I went to http://www.angelfire.com/ca/TORONTO/builders/mci7.html but it was not listed...hmm?
Thx, - Tim
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 06:58:53 PM »

I've seen similar requests here and all replies seem to indicate that you have to call MCI and beg for any morsels of history. I found a "sanitation certificate" in my MCI that said it passed the Arizona state inspection and was owned by Phoenix Greyhound. Lucky me!

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 06:21:23 AM »

Tim, where in Az. is it? If you need anybody to look at it for you, there are quite a few busnuts here for the winter. Smiley

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
1Tim612

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 12:01:15 PM »

Hi Ed,
Thanks for offering up another set of eyes. The bus were thinking of buying is in SunCity West's RV lot.  To look at it one would have to call the current owner Mr. Harris at six zero two seven three eight 7014. We live in Seattle but my dad is down there and looked at it but he knows nothing of buses and is telling me to save my money!! Our main issue is that we are family of 6 and afraid were not all going to fit, thus the questions I have on another post re-how to stick in a bunk. Our kids are small but somehow they keep getting bigger?? Getting another set of professional eyes and advise (since this is my 1st bus) would be a blessing! -Tim
kwood

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2010, 03:06:16 PM »

Tim,

I live in Lynnwood, just north of Seattle.  I have an MCI9 and a family of 6.   We have a bedroom, bathroom (not complete yet), two sets of bunks, small kitchen area, and a living room area built into our floor plan.  Let me know if you want to check ours out sometime.

Regards,

Kevin
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 04:13:22 PM »

Tim, we are in Yuma so that is a ways away for us, but i am sure there must be somebody near there that would take a look for you.  Since you need bunks, have you thought of looking for an entertainer coach?

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
1Tim612

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2010, 05:44:27 PM »

Ed - As sorry as I am so see this slip by...I think you might be right!  But this is a really sweet coach for what I assume (notice Newbie next to my name) to be a good price. 90k on a rebuilt (done 16yrs ago), and has new suspension, new windows, new 8kw gen, new paint, new alumn alloys, new skin panels, new mirrors, new leather seats, new Craftmatic adj bed, new fridge, all oak/mirrored, Boise for $44.5. He said he's got over $200k invested and because of a new defibrillator he can't drive it because the 4 8d gel batteries behind the driver set .... shall we say... not allow him to be safe on the road. - Can't blame him and he hates to see this go! So is it worth the work to figure out how to sleep 2 more kids in this or keep on looking? Oh and he said it was originally a DC tour bus before he bought it as a shell. He looked for 3 years before buying it 16 years ago and had it done up just how he needed it. (To drive back and forth from Phx to WA).
John316

MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 03:12:40 PM »

Welcome aboard, Tim Wink.

So far sounds like good thoughts from all. Here is my personal opinion. No doubt, this is a nice coach. But you are trying to get your family to fit in a coach made for two.

Have you looked into other coaches, across the country? If not, I would suggest that you do. You might find a bus that has a set, or two, of bunks. This is a buyers market. I know that if we tried to sell our coach right now, we wouldn't get a fraction of what it is worth (as you see with this gent's coach). Take your time...see what is out there, and pray on it for a while. You don't want to buy in a rush, without looking around a bit.

About the bed...are you fairly handy with building things? If you are, then you might have a decent chance at making the bed happen. If not, then I doubt that it would ever happen.

There are folks from this board scattered all over the country, so one might be talked into looking at a coach near them...

FWIW

God bless,

John

MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.
1Tim612

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2010, 01:03:00 PM »

Hey John!! Grin
This is very good input! Tom Y has a very good idea on a sofa bunk system that he made (see the post: Can I hang a bunk). That option might work in this bus where it's a sofa by day and bunk by night!!  I have finally figured out how to search all of Craigslist by using http://craiglook.com/. That was good advice!  Wink
We'll keep praying and patiently wait for what happens next! God Bless, Tim
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: