Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 06:44:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is a back-up camera required by law?  (Read 5419 times)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2010, 07:16:00 AM »

I don't want to install a camera, but someone told me I had to have one if I wanted to tow anything. I live in Kansas, is their any truth to a backup camera being required for towing?
Jon

Jon,
I believe someone is attempting to blow smoke where it don't belong! To the best of my knowledge there is no such LAW! (never has been that I know of!)

Now that is not to say that your insurance company might not require it. I can't say if yours does or not, but I have recently heard that some insurance companies are starting to require things such as this on "large" RV's.

YMMV!
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2010, 07:34:40 AM »

Brian, if you hadn't stopped when you did, it probably would have caught on fire. Sad   Our first day on the road i met a guy from Canada with a camera on his bus and asked him about it. He had put it on because the year before he was towing his 4x4 pickup and blew the front left tire and did not know it until somebody flagged him down. By that time it had done $6000-7000 worth of damage to the truck.  He said a camera was very cheap by comparison.  A year of two later we met a guy at BusN' USA that had a 5A that had fire damage to the back of the bus from something that he was towing that caught on fire. He was very lucky that he did not lose the whole bus.

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
philiptompkjns

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2010, 08:00:47 AM »

Brian, if you hadn't stopped when you did, it probably would have caught on fire. Sad   Our first day on the road i met a guy from Canada with a camera on his bus and asked him about it. He had put it on because the year before he was towing his 4x4 pickup and blew the front left tire and did not know it until somebody flagged him down. By that time it had done $6000-7000 worth of damage to the truck.  He said a camera was very cheap by comparison.  A year of two later we met a guy at BusN' USA that had a 5A that had fire damage to the back of the bus from something that he was towing that caught on fire. He was very lucky that he did not lose the whole bus.

in this case I'm not sure if I'd want to pull over or drive faster  Tongue

1990 102a3... Just got started, don't  know  what I'm doing.
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2010, 05:14:30 PM »

I think if i remember right he did drive faster when he realized that he was on fire. He knew there was a fire station just a few blocks away. That was the only thing that saved him from losing it all.

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
mc5a Jon

My boy and his toys.

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: February 28, 2010, 07:01:18 AM »

Thanks for the GOOD info I may get a camera one day, but not today.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: