Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 23, 2014, 03:23:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I hang or hinge a bed using the ceiling?  (Read 4549 times)
1Tim612

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2010, 05:24:09 PM »

Dallas - you have the most effective idea yet!!  And my kids would probably think it fun!! Or I'll just Velcro the walls and stick'm there, less chance of them hitting the floor during the night. Above the driver is an option...give me an excuse to remove that abominable TV. Making a nice platform up here would be the best! Ed, you just mentioning folding legs triggered a new thought if I was going to mount it back above the bed!!!  And thanks for the placement of the caged busnuts bottomacher Wink Gives me a place to look. - Tim
philiptompkjns

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2010, 06:05:36 PM »

Dallas's idea is the  only one I've heard so  far that would work well in outer space.

1990 102a3... Just got started, don't  know  what I'm doing.
Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2010, 06:56:53 PM »

One "Custom Coach" conversion I looked at had a sofa that converted to a bunk bed.  The top of the backrest was hinged.  Pull out at the bottom of the backrest, swing it up and out, then hook the chrome plated chains to the chrome eyelet bolts on the ceiling.  Nice setup.  The bottom cushion stayed in its original position and made a lower berth.  The bus is in nice condition, and was located in Oklahoma City a couple of years ago when I was looking.  It is now listed on Luxury Coach website, Marion, OH.  Can I say that?
Dennis

Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9
1Tim612

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2010, 07:04:49 PM »

Hey Dennis, You don't happen to have link to that website that shows a sofa that flips up to a bunk? I have room for a sofa but not room for one that folds out into a bed. -Tim
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2010, 12:22:22 AM »

Tim -

As I mentioned earlier, the GMC Motorhome had a sofa that the back flipped up to make the upper bunk.

Ask your question here, and somebody should be able to help you:

http://gmcmotorhomes.com/forums.html

Another thought is to scour the yachting magazines and the library for books on building yachts.  Sailors have been cramming a quart into a pint pot for thousands of years, so you can find lots of ideas from the marine folk, too.

FWIW & HTH. . .

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 24, 2010, 08:02:03 AM »

Sorry, Tim.  I even looked through some photo albums to see if I had a pic I could send, but no luck.  Also, I'm too dumb to post a link.  Been too busy shoveling snow to learn.  The one I mentioned was a professional, original installation, as far as I know.  The selling agent can put you in touch with the owner, who probably has it there on consignment.
Dennis

Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2010, 08:15:15 AM »

OK, let's try this; luxurycoachesforsale.com.  It's stock #LCS371, '81 MCI.  It's the couch across from the booth, although you can't see much detail. HTH
Dennis

Tom Y

80 5C With Cummins L10 in Progress

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2010, 09:46:04 AM »

Tim, Heres a couple pics of mine. If you need something else let me know. Mine is 27.5" from wall to front of couch. I could have put in a couch that pulls out but this is what we wanted. The back has a hinged part that flips up to form bunk.  Tom Y

Tom Yaegle
Tom Y

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2010, 09:46:50 AM »

Here it is up.  Tom Y

Tom Yaegle
1Tim612

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2010, 12:53:08 PM »

Dennis - Looks like a comfortable couch on the LCS371 but no pics in the bunk postion. RJ - sorry, haven't had time to hit the GMC forum, I actually have still work for a living so been a tad bit busy today. Smiley Tom, your sofa bunk look perfect! Any lead on who makes these would be great! Google images didn't reveal to much. -Tim
Tom Y

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2010, 03:23:59 PM »

Tim, You make it. Very simple.  Tom Y

Tom Yaegle
1Tim612

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2010, 08:08:56 AM »

Tom,
Can you post some more pics of the hinge system or let me know how you did it.  I like it!!
thx, Tim
Tom Y

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2010, 10:00:03 AM »

Tim, Email me at   tacks5@verizon.net   and I will help you any way I can.  Tom Y

Tom Yaegle
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: