Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 23, 2014, 03:12:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: New Board Jump Start  (Read 7712 times)
Clarke Echols

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2006, 08:51:07 AM »

Well, as one of the old geezers, I'll have to try some repying too.  I don't think it's a big deal to require a login for all posters.  That will prevent any troublemakers from attempting anonymous posts.  I don't know what provisions are there to verify/validate login registrations.  Some forums send an email and you're not on the list of registrants until you respond to an email sent by the system to validate the login.

Unfortunately there are always knuckleheads who want to make pests of themselves or show how smart they are by breaking into other people's homes, so to speak.  Hiding email addresses is OK, but I solved my spam problem by the excellent work my ISP does to block and capture spam.  My inbox spam dropped to near zero until recently when somebody figured out how to get some plain-looking investment "opportunities" past the filters.  But when you get 10,000 messages a month, 94% spam, and only one or two per day get past the gates, that's pretty good!

Now this requiring 50 posts before some of old timers get off of the "newbie" list -- that's something that just grates on a body. :-)   Roll Eyes  Shocked  Grin  [just trying out the emoticon buttons...

Clarke
redbus

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2006, 09:00:26 AM »

Testing Huh Grin Looks Good

Terry
"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, Believe in them, and try to follow them." ~Louisa May Alcott~
www.awayweare.blogspot.com/
redbus

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2006, 09:30:03 AM »

I hope this board does not get like (the other board) where you are afraid to ask a question because of a few people who always post sarcastic answers.

Terry
"Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, Believe in them, and try to follow them." ~Louisa May Alcott~
www.awayweare.blogspot.com/
Dallas

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2006, 10:02:07 AM »

Looks like you have a winner Phil!
Thanks for all the hard work.
I set up this software on my old website and found it easy to use so when setting up my new site I set it up also, but hope it never gets used. The only reason I did was so I could turn on extra features in my shopping cart.
I for one, have to side with the ones who want registration. I think you may have problems if you don't.
Thanks again,
Dallas
PD4103-1085
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2006, 11:09:18 AM »

I hope this board does not get like (the other board) where you are afraid to ask a question because of a few people who always post sarcastic answers.

Hi redbus.  Welcome aboard.   Grin

I do try to delete sarcastic, or cutting comments from the board as I believe they provide absolutely NO value to the discussions.  Plus, it's not NICE..   Smiley   But some do get by me.  I hope you will feel at home here!

Best Regards,
Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2006, 11:15:56 AM »

Well, as one of the old geezers, I'll have to try some repying too.  I don't think it's a big deal to require a login for all posters.  That will prevent any troublemakers from attempting anonymous posts.  I don't know what provisions are there to verify/validate login registrations.  Some forums send an email and you're not on the list of registrants until you respond to an email sent by the system to validate the login.

Unfortunately there are always knuckleheads who want to make pests of themselves or show how smart they are by breaking into other people's homes, so to speak.  Hiding email addresses is OK, but I solved my spam problem by the excellent work my ISP does to block and capture spam.  My inbox spam dropped to near zero until recently when somebody figured out how to get some plain-looking investment "opportunities" past the filters.  But when you get 10,000 messages a month, 94% spam, and only one or two per day get past the gates, that's pretty good!

Now this requiring 50 posts before some of old timers get off of the "newbie" list -- that's something that just grates on a body. :-)   Roll Eyes  Shocked  Grin  [just trying out the emoticon buttons...

Clarke

Hi Clarke,

We can change the number from 50.  It is our board!  (Thanks MAK)  And - we can change the Titles as well -  from Jr. Member to Huh    Suggestions? 

I'm definetly listening to all the support coming in for registration.  Last time MAK tried to switch to a new board, the registration thing seemed to cause complete chaos.  This time also, before rollout,  I heard from quite a few who were concerned.  Now with the board here, not hearing much at all for anonymous/guest posts.

Maybe folk are tired of all the junk we had to sift through before & want the extra protection?

Best Regards, Phil

Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2006, 05:16:37 PM »

Phil,

Lets say when, we hit 50 posts we become a REGULAR CONTRIBUTER. Cheesy

And when we hit, OOOOHHH-- 500 posts we become a NUSENCE and KNOW TOO MUCH! Angry

I don't think I can handle that many STARS
Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2006, 06:46:55 PM »

Phil,

Lets say when, we hit 50 posts we become a REGULAR CONTRIBUTER. Cheesy

And when we hit, OOOOHHH-- 500 posts we become a NUSENCE and KNOW TOO MUCH! Angry

I don't think I can handle that many STARS

Nick-

Nick - all I can say to that is ...

Grin   Grin  Grin   LOL    Grin   Grin   Grin  [/size]

Danny

87' MCI 102A3 - getting there...

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2006, 07:30:06 PM »

Love the new setup - This board has helped me a lot.  Look forward to more help Grin

I have heard it said, "life comes at you fast".  I didn't know it would be in the shape of a bus  :-)
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2006, 07:35:32 PM »

Love the new setup - This board has helped me a lot.  Look forward to more help Grin

Great to have you on board Danny! 

Best Regards - Phil

Nick Badame Refrig/ACC
1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
Global Moderator

Nick & Michelle Badame

« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2006, 07:36:58 PM »

Welcome Danny,

You are 499 posts away from Phil and I to LOL at you!

Nick-

Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2006, 07:44:52 PM »

I kinda like be'n refered to as a "newbee" maybe an advanced newbee should be next!LOL! I don't mind registering to post! Where do we register? An do we get like a free toaster or a gift certificate for a gallon of diesel or somethun? Busted Knuckle

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2006, 08:02:53 PM »

I kinda like be'n refered to as a "newbee" maybe an advanced newbee should be next!LOL! I don't mind registering to post! Where do we register? An do we get like a free toaster or a gift certificate for a gallon of diesel or somethun? Busted Knuckle

Hay there Busted Knuckle - you are already registered!

This was more for those who wish to remain totally anonymous.  Which - I see almost NO anonymous posts.  I think Mike has been the only guest poster so far.  And that's really OK with me since it's his board and his nickle.   Smiley  Grin 

Kind Regards, Phil

Kristinsgrandpa

1988 Neoplan AN 340, 6V-92 TA DDEC II, HT 748 ATEC

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2006, 08:27:18 PM »

Phil there is a lot here for me to learn, I hope all works out. I dont mind being called a newbie since I've only had my doach 3 years.  Some people have been bussin for 20 or more years.

I like the idea of the spell check, mainly for an archive search, if something is mis-spelled it may not turn up in a search.

Ed Jewett

I'm very conservative, " I started life with nothing and still have most of it left".
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2006, 07:01:47 AM »

Phil there is a lot here for me to learn, I hope all works out. I dont mind being called a newbie since I've only had my doach 3 years.  Some people have been bussin for 20 or more years.

I like the idea of the spell check, mainly for an archive search, if something is mis-spelled it may not turn up in a search.

Ed Jewett

Hi Ed,

Actually, newbie only means you have made less than 50 posts.  Maybe it should be called new member instead.?  Spell check will be here as soon as I can get some underlying files configured on the server.  Hopefully sune - eye kneed it tue!!   Smiley Smiley 

Welcome aboard - Phil

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: