Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 22, 2014, 01:12:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: New Board Jump Start  (Read 8882 times)
Dallas

« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2006, 11:34:43 AM »

Aha!  As I suspected, I could use a newer dictionary.  But so many of the words in the one I have are still perfectly good words, so it would be a shame to just throw them away!

[tr]On a different matter, I wonder what this button does?[/tr]

Linda,
You can't throw those words away!
If you read a newspaper after someone else, are those 'USED' words?
JimC

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2006, 04:40:55 PM »

Nice board, it will be nice to be able to post pics, ect.
Keep up the good work
JimC 4106
Wisconsin

4106 - 8-71/730
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
between Milwaukee & Madison
Denny

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2006, 05:08:20 PM »

I love the new board.  One of the great new features is the ability to select a item and check all the post that interest you.

Denny
58 4104
akroyaleagle

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2006, 06:51:16 PM »

I LIKE this board. It is taking some time to raise the learning curve but it has great features.
I believe this is the first time I have logged on and not found Richard "DML" on here. One of us needs to get a life other than the bus board I think.

Joe Laird
'78 Eagle
Huron, South Dakota
Dallas

« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2006, 06:56:49 PM »

I LIKE this board. It is taking some time to raise the learning curve but it has great features.
I believe this is the first time I have logged on and not found Richard "DML" on here. One of us needs to get a life other than the bus board I think.

YOu mean there is something outthere besides the board and the bus???
WoW, Whoda thunk!
DC_Bus_Nut

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2006, 07:42:11 PM »

TestTest
Let's see how it looks.

Eric
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2006, 11:55:50 PM »

Phil,

When I click on any item it will come up on the screen so that I have to scroll down a whole page to start to read the post.  I'll put up with that forever and still be grateful for your acievements on this board.  Would be nice if it worked like the old board in regards to the position of the post.

Thanks

JohnEd

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2006, 11:58:37 PM »

Phil,

After I read a post I don't get an indication that I have visited that post.  The other board changed the font/boldness of the font of read posts.

Thanks

JohnEd

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2006, 05:21:00 AM »

Phil,

When I click on any item it will come up on the screen so that I have to scroll down a whole page to start to read the post.  I'll put up with that forever and still be grateful for your acievements on this board.  Would be nice if it worked like the old board in regards to the position of the post.

Thanks

JohnEd

Hi There JohnEd,

Welcome to the Board!

In your profile settings, you can change the look and feel of this - if I understand what you want to see.  You can have posts re-sorted so that the most recent posts are shown first.   There are a couple of other check boxes also for other preferences which some of the other members have usesd to more closely emulate the behavior of the old board.

Let me know - best regards,
Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
Ross

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2006, 07:08:49 AM »

The board looks great but will take getting used to. For some reason I cannot find the new post button.   Huh 

Top of bottom right....There is a button called "New Topic" on the main page.
Ross

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2006, 07:12:19 AM »

The board looks great but will take getting used to. For some reason I cannot find the new post button.   Huh 

Top of bottom right....There is a button called "New Topic" on the main page.

Nevermind...I responded to an old post.  I'm sure this was answered already.  Forgot I had set it to display new posts at the top. Smiley
plyonsMC9
Global Moderator

Big Wheels Turnin'

« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2006, 06:20:43 PM »

Testing out all of the cool features

Hey Grease Pit.  I sure enjoy your posts from the old board.  Glad to see you here.   Smiley  Welcome aboard.

Best Regards, Phil

Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9
DC_Bus_Nut

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2006, 09:03:36 PM »

Quote from: akroyaleagle on April 04, 2006, 09:51:16 PM

Test it for me.
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2006, 06:00:43 AM »

Here I am at 0900 Thursday AM. I spend most of the day in front of the computer and if no customers present I check up on the boards to see if anyone has found anything new.

I discovered something last night but now I may just not share it!

Richard

And I think Dallas spent all night here.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Dallas

« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2006, 07:00:46 AM »

Here I am at 0900 Thursday AM. I spend most of the day in front of the computer and if no customers present I check up on the boards to see if anyone has found anything new.

I discovered something last night but now I may just not share it!

Richard

And I think Dallas spent all night here.

Richard, I wern't Not Neither! I went to bed at 23:45 and didn't get up 'till 03:15.
Besides, against Dr's orders I spent all day yesterday on a ladder, and Dang those leg cramps get ya in the middle of the night.
Today I have to get ack up on the bloody ladder. but I'm gonna take a nap sometime, unless of course, there is something interesting on the boards.
Dallas
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: