Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 20, 2014, 11:38:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: New Board Jump Start  (Read 7821 times)
cjm

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2006, 08:43:01 PM »

Yes.  If I scroll over to see the whole message, I can't see the poster's name.  Before the banners were put on, I could.  John
plyons
Administrator

Bussin' in Tennessee

« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2006, 08:48:34 PM »

Yes.  If I scroll over to see the whole message, I can't see the poster's name.  Before the banners were put on, I could.  John

OK John,  I think I understand now.  Thanks for the feedback.  I'll see what can be done.

I may ask for your help testing after we get some different ads.  If you don't mind!!   

Smiley

Hope this helps, Phil
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: May 27, 2006, 08:01:09 PM »

This board is now my last choice for web browsing. I vote we take away the member status and message count to stem the lame and inane postings made simply to gain points.

The beauty of this board is that the 'lame" posts can be evaluated rather quickly and ignored, without undue effort.
Not to appear argumentative, but what may seem "lame and inane" may be to some, but others may view the posts as relevent...or entertaining. Whole subjects can be easily ignored.
I rather doubt that altering the member count would have any useful effect on the lame postings. Inane postings and responses appear on all websites.
There is no perfect construct for a website that hosts as many diverse members (and methods of internet connection) as this website. IMHO, the MAK board is as good as it gets. I don't care one way or another about the "member" number of posts, but the MAK board is the first and best place to browse for bus conversion info...
One thing that will throw a damper on any exchange would be to start adding a lot of "rules" to the board regarding what is "reasonable" to post.
Thanks to Mike, Phil, and Nick and all the others that make this board work so well!. JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
DrivingMissLazy

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: June 02, 2006, 11:43:45 AM »

Welcome to the new board.  This is a quick start.

First things first:Forum Rules
This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at (714)799-0062 or e-mail to: web@busconversions.com.

About the new board
We've tried to keep things as similar to the old board as possible. As such, there is One area for all topics.

Key Differences. What we hope to add with the new board in addition to images, messaging, and current message search function:
 1 BBS searchable archives. (Couldn't be done with the old board)
 2 Better defense against spammers and other such nuisances.

Keep in mind - you don't need to use all the fancy formatting to get started. Simple text works just fine!!! Many are having fun with the new features. That is good too. Do It Your Way - works here.

Details - similarities:
1) Features such as posting, messaging, pictures, etc., are only available to members. This is to protect privacy and keep spammers away. If you do register, you can use the option to "hide" your email address from the other members if you would prefer.

2) There will only be an All Topics area. Folks seem to like it that way that frequent the MAK board. It has worked well this way over the years, so we'll run with it. Good suggestions which may augment this include a possibility of a tag, or some other way of quickly searching topics. Still working on this.

Details - added features:

1) Searchable archives. To be added once the current board switchover is accomplished and stabilized.
2) Chat room may follow.

Other notes:

"newbie" status. This is a number set by the board which ties to the number of posts a member has submitted. The jump from newbie to Jr. Member is 50 posts. Full Member is 100 posts. We can change any of this. But for now, that is how it is setup.

Please let me know if you have any questions - best regards - Phil
« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 06:34:43 AM by Driving MissLazy » Logged

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: