Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 21, 2014, 03:11:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: New ownership began September 1st 2012!  Please send any comments to info@busconversions.com
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: South East Bus Nuts upcoming spring rally  (Read 13502 times)
James77MCI8

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2010, 11:11:09 AM »

This Rally is only 30 miles from me. Iam looking forward to my first rally.

77 MCI 8
8V-71 4 spd
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2010, 12:54:16 PM »

Is there a new update on this rally?  I'm making the plans to come down, if everything works out, and wanted to check on how it is shaping up!

Thanks, Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2010, 01:08:22 PM »

Is there a new update on this rally?  I'm making the plans to come down, if everything works out, and wanted to check on how it is shaping up!
Thanks, Brian

Great! looking forward to meetin' ya'll. Here is the entire rally schedule.  Jack

http://www.busconversions.com/bbs/index.php?topic=1149.0

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
NJT5047

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2010, 06:47:34 PM »

Someone may have posted Palmetto's web address, here it is if not:   

http://palmettocove.com/     

Kyle can add to this, but I don't believe that they take reservations.  There's plenty of sites so not to worry. 
The only requirement is that whatever camping gizmo you reside in must be fully self contained.  Since most sites have water, power and dump, "self-contained" is easy to accomplish. 
There are no bathhouses or tent camping areas.

Should those that use maps and GPS and like what appears to be shortcuts, and arriving from the NW, unless you have remarkable brakes and are accustomed to driving in the "old" mountain roads, avoid coming down Hwy 276 out of Brevard.   Use the interstate.   Caesar's Head is interesting in a car, it'll be a challenge in most coaches.   
Kyle and Jon can advise regarding the best way in from various directions.   Hwy 11 is a good road.   

For two cents I'd dewinterize the bus this weekend....but after this cold winter  Angry, I'll give it another couple of weeks...

JR

JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.

Ayn Rand
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2010, 07:42:02 PM »

As a reminder, I-40 near the NC/TN line is still closed...however expected at least based on info from two weeks ago supposed to reopen the 1st week of April.
Check before committing coming from the Knoxville area.  However if coming from KY and TN, take I-81 to I-26 in Johnson City, TN and come on down the hill!
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2010, 06:43:59 AM »

A couple of us are planning on being there! I know 3 definite from here local and a possible 4th! Now if I can only find time to finish my CB install!

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
carolb

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2010, 08:36:37 AM »

It's great that there's wide interest in this spring rally!
Two highlights include the Friday walking tour of the BMW plant down in Spartanburg, SC. There is a $5 extra charge p.p. on this, and sign-ups are limited to 40. See me upon arrival at Palmetto to get on the list. No open toed shoes or heels, ladies. Thanks to Tom Hamrick for setting this up!
The other sightseeing highlight is Saturday's vineyard tour, tasting and luncheon. Modest extra charges here too, depending on whether you want just the tour, the tasting and/or the light lunch. Again, see me upon arrival to get on the list. Thanks to Ed and Ann Gallant for the arrangements!
See you in Palmetto Cove!
Mike and Carol Heron
PS:  Thanks guys for the updates to driving instructions!
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2010, 08:44:41 AM »

We're firming up our plans to attend.  I have to finish installing the twin beds where the queen bed used to be, but that will not take long.  Other than that and an oil change, I guess none of the other work is going to be done till we get back!  Do we need to pre-register for the rally, or sign up and pay when we get there?  I noted that there are no reservations at the park, so I guess that is OK.  We do want to tour the BMW plant, I run a BMW engine in one of my race cars, so that would be cool (a 1972 engine, not a new one, so I won't be looking for spare parts...).

Anyway, we are close enough that you can put us on the list, Brian Evans and Catherine Gill, and a 1980 MCI MC-5C

Brian

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
James77MCI8

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2010, 09:08:43 AM »

Will be there

77 MCI 8
8V-71 4 spd
Mike in GA

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2010, 10:04:40 AM »

Just a reminder that bus nuts are strongly encouraged to register ahead for the April 20-25 April in the Carolinas Rally. We're asking for everyone who plans to come to get their reg'n in by April 10th, so we can adequately prepare enough food, prizes, etc. The rates again are $39. per coach (two people), and $20 for each extra person. This is exclusive of camping, which is $20 per night, payable to the campground.
You can copy and paste the below registration form if you can't find the real one on the Rallies and Events section of this site:

(Mail to Carol Heron, 2125 Dunwoody Heritage Drive, Atlanta, GA  30350)
NAME__________________________________________ PHONE NUMBER______________

ADDRESS____________________________________________________________________

NUMBER OF PEOPLE ATTENDING____________    AMOUNT ENCLOSED: $_____________

____ Yes, I would be interested in the Friday walking tour of the BMW plant ($5.00 p.p.). Number interested_______.

____ Yes, I would be interested in the Saturday vineyard tour and light luncheon (extra chg TBD). Number interested______.

Past President, Southeast Bus Nuts. Busin' for more than 12 years in a 1985 MC 96a3 with DD 8v92 and a 5 speed Allison c/r.
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2010, 11:04:03 AM »

I'm so looking forward to this rally!

I didn't winterize the tin turd before leaving Bussin10 & experienced low teens on the way back, so I'll be finding out this weekend if the water lines need attention . . .

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Ace

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2010, 11:34:09 AM »

Yea Kyle know what you mean! The "Land Sharks" are heading out this Friday to knock the cob webs off and to make sure everything is in travelling order!

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40
uncle ned

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2010, 11:49:05 AM »

What is this winterize stuff. 

If you have a good all weather coach you don't have to do that.

Just a few light bulbs and no worrys.

uncle ned

ps I am getting the travel itch. Hope to see everyone this month "well I may be a few days early on April" at the busnuts rally.

maybe Wilma will let me go and come with me.

4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2010, 12:12:46 PM »

It is no secret that I don't have an all weather coach.  Sad
However, during mosquito season, I know who to park beside. . .  Grin

Well placed lightbulbs work well if you have reliable power - which is something I didn't have when it was 11F while going up I75 at 65 - 70 mph Friday night/ Saturday morning.  Shocked

It was nice & comfy inside the suburban, but when you stopped for gas or to 'check the fridge', damn, it was cold!
When I got home Saturday morning just after 8am, I did drain the fresh water tank & the water heater & turn on the heaters & light bulbs. There didn't seem to be any frozen piping as water still flowed out all the faucets, but the water that I drained on the ground did freeze before it made it's way out from under the camper.

It is a factory built camper, so the plumbing was places with minimizing cost taking priority over ease of draining them. From the looks of it, they were using up all the scrap pieces of plastic tubing they had. I've never seen so many fittings in one place!

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2010, 07:13:01 AM »

I pressure checked the water supply yesterday. YEA! no leaks!  Grin Grin Grin Grin

I finally got around to making a water supply adapter for the camper so I can turn the water off at the camper (I'm 100 feet away from the house faucet)  & also have an outside faucet at the camper to share water or wash up if needed.

Now to wash off the mud that splatters on the camper when it rains due to the lack of walls on the bus port.  Wink

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: