Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 22, 2014, 03:56:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not be stolen by your mailman or your neighbor who also may be into buses.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Air Tank Drain  (Read 3037 times)
Gary LaBombard
"Rustless Money Pit"

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2010, 01:20:04 PM »

Now I understand a little better, thanks to all that replied. 
Gary

Gary
gus

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2010, 07:31:36 PM »

I think original GM leveling valves had internal check valves to hold air bag pressure, but it's too cold to go out right now to the bus and check my manual.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
bryanhes

Eagle Model 10 "For Now"

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2010, 09:04:36 PM »

I drain the moisture from the muffler and the other four locations every time I run mine. Even if for only twenty minutes. My leveling arms have external check valves (PD4905), I have replaced the two rear. What a difference that made in keeping the air in the bags  Grin
Will replace the front leveling arm check valve tomorrow.

I did add a lanyard valve to he rear tank in front of the axle and ran it to the edge of the wheel well so i can reach it in front of the tire. I knew if I didn't do that the rear tank would never get drained as I would have to crawl under the bus every time to do it.

Bryan
gus

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2010, 03:36:27 PM »

Bryan,

I just last week removed the air filter and check valve from one of my leveling valves, it is not the OEM, and it has an external check valve.

This check valve was sticking closed and keeping the air out. I cleaned it out and added a couple of drops of air tool oil and it now works fine

It was taking a very long time to air up which was causing a definite starboard list. It would start working when I moved the bus, never did figure out how that happened?

I also found the air filter had no filter. I made one from fine brass screen, this probably caused the check valve to stick.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: