Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 20, 2014, 01:44:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It arrives at least two weeks before the First Class printed magazine.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Top 5 most important things to look for when buying a BUS!  (Read 2465 times)
philiptompkjns

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2010, 02:46:19 PM »

You have been given several pieces of good advice.

I will add what I think is the MOST important consideration.

You must feel about the coach as you did the first time you saw your wife. If you do not feel that way the path is going to be a long one. You must truly love it, warts and all.

Good point, 1st time I saw my wife I thought "here comes trouble" proved to be true.  Same with the bus....Very pleased with both Smiley

LOL, I like the way you think.

1990 102a3... Just got started, don't  know  what I'm doing.
Oregonconversion

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 01:10:03 PM »

1. Engine and transmission
2. brakes & air system
3. cosmetic
4. tires
5. rust

That is how I would put it. Obviously you have to have a good engine and transmission, these will cost you the most to fix or replace. Brakes are very important because stopping is a safety issue. Cosmetic can be less important to some people, and more for others. Tires can also be expensive to replace if you have a lot of them that are warn down. I don't consider rust much of an issue because i'm from the left coast.

1977 MC8
8V92 HT740
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: