Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 06:32:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well um, Bank of America and Daimler North America do it again! (it's been fun!)  (Read 5786 times)
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2010, 09:43:07 PM »

While oil and coolant missing might be covered by "maintaining collateral in good condition", I can't imagine anything legally wrong with taking your fuel out their tanks.  And of course don't mention it to the repo drivers. If they aren't bright enough to notice it before they leave - roadside assitance.  And if they do notice it, offer to sell them some for $5/gallon.

What? $5 a gallon? What do I look like, some kinda nice guy? More like $25 bucks a gallon and a 100 gallon minimum! Wink
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2010, 09:47:46 PM »

Quote from: gumpy
Actually, if he is not legally the owner, then that clause probably doesn't apply to him. Let them go after the "legal" owner for any damage or missing parts (engine, tranny, wheels, etc).

By their own admission "you guys are not on the contract with us, so it's him we will go after!"

You are so right Craig, and Don would agree strip 'em he already told us that the one the trans cooler went bad in and cost us a tranny should have had a "hot brake problem on dark lonely road!"

But I am not headed there! (yet!)
Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2010, 09:50:47 PM »

If you toast them, it's arson. If you blow up the motors and they repo them before you get them rebuilt and reinstalled, it's maintenance.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2010, 09:56:12 PM »

Trust me I ain't toasting them! Shoot that would get them insurance $ from my insurance company!

Now I did think about asking their address so I could "special deliver them!" Wink
Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Singing Land Cruiser
Michael & Christi Hargis

Looking for another Bus

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2010, 09:57:40 PM »

Strip'em BK, Just F'ing Strip'em Angry

Entertainers/BUSNUTS
http://singinglandcruiser.blogspot.com/
Master Mason, Noble Shriner
Where "R" We ; Leeds, Utah
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2010, 10:01:28 PM »

But it'd be so fun to call them up and say "Now go over by the window where you can see the buses I am bringing you!" And then watch the look on their faces when they realize I'm coming through that window to park it "at" their desk! Grin
Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2010, 10:04:28 PM »

Besides with them being out here and inspecting them last week and taking pictures "they'd probably press charges for theft" AND another felony is the last thing I need! Especially in my older "calmer" and wiser years! (I didn't look at it like I do now when I was young an dumb!)
Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

DMoedave

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2010, 01:12:18 AM »

i hate Bank of America. they just closed our line of credit no notice, nothing, bamm. The said all the houses in our neighborhood had declined in value. we have never been late. its bs. Hope it works out for you. I am going all local banks no more citi, chase or boa, they could care less about their customers.

we love our buses!!! NE Pa or LI NY, or somewhere in between!
Nusa

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2010, 03:32:44 AM »

You could try a mechanic's lien on the buses for what you've got in it, which may give you a legal right to hold the buses until you've either been paid or a judge rules on the matter. I'd run that idea by your lawyer, of course. I'm not one.
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2010, 04:41:13 AM »

Fight fire with fire. Take all the wheels off and block them up. Get a lawyer and see what your options are. I'm afraid it doesn't sound good. Just don't do anything that will benefit them.

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2010, 04:51:01 AM »

Sounds like me they have been in your shop for repair if you have no standing as a owner?What about that bill!!!!and storage cost!!need a lawyer quick ....play their game in court...maybe it you delay pick up of buses thru legal means you could use them free until the court decides...

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
cody

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2010, 04:54:46 AM »

I talked to my brothers attorney and a mechanics lein has the power of law in this case, make the bank pay off the lein before they can take posession of the buses, thats how it would be read in michigan.  Technically if Don didn't have the authority to sell the busses he did have the authority to have the buses serviced and you being the servicing agent have the obligation to test any service work done,if the bank doesn't pay for the service work performed, the service center has the legal right to remove the parts and then sue for the labor or hold the item until the bill is satisfied.  Either way it's a dirty shame.  In michigan if the service bill isn't paid then the service center owns the vehicle.
johns4104s

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2010, 04:59:29 AM »

I would go to Setra and start discussing a good deal with them. I bet they would work with you. Due to the economy I bet they are getting all sorts of buses back. They will have a way to help, Like someone said call your congressman.

We will stay tuned and pray.

John
johns4104s

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2010, 05:22:21 AM »

BK
Why not post your congressman's name and phone # here and we will all call him and tell him what a problem you are having with Bank/ax and chrysler. I don't see any reason why we cannot let him know we are concerned.

John
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2010, 05:27:04 AM »

Bryce, you said, "These are "secured lease/loan deals" where Setra agreed to take the buses back if the buyer defaulted since BOA is their "in house finance company"! As I see it the buyer has not defaulted...there is no default when the payments are current...no matter who is paying them!  Read that again, if the payments are current...there is no default!  No the issue of them being reassigned is a totalyy different issue...but...there has been no default.  Ask you lawyer 'bout that one.

On another note...after the Arrow Freight debacle the week of Christmas...where they left well over a thousand drivers stranded...I have learned the location of my bosses house...and if I am ever left stranded like that...I think I will have enough cash in my pocket to get the truck and trailer to his house...and drive it into his pool...and pray it is summer and not as cold as it is now!

Bryce, I think a pool party is in order...over at a bofa executives home.  We hate the jerks over here in NC!

Hate this for you Buddy!

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: