Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 18, 2014, 09:17:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: The dog will not eat it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well um, Bank of America and Daimler North America do it again! (it's been fun!)  (Read 5548 times)
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2010, 12:11:05 PM »

Ask a lawyer about the mechanic's lean.  That sounds like a good start.  Really, anything that allows you to keep possession of the buses would be good.  Look for any way to delay them from having access to them until you can investigate all legal options.   As far as the politics goes, remember BofA is a corporation.  This is just another example of corporate psychopathic behavior which, for some reason, many believe should be protected as a right.  They feel that they have the right to act in any deceitful and ruthless way they want (it's not personal, it's just business, Vito), but try to make you adhere to the norms of fair play even though they think you are a fool for doing so.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
Zeroclearance

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2010, 12:46:56 PM »

When the first of the week comes around they will ask for the buses..   However, B of A most likely have there REPO hounds already on the case..    The Sheriff might come with the "hounds" to pick up the buses.    You need to get the meanest Pitbull Attorney that has pull with your local Sheriff.    This is a civil case..   To protect your rights you need to get in front of a Attorney as fast as possible. 

With most leases "it is up to you maintain the equipment"  Dollars already spent on the buses is pretty much water under the bridge.   

This is sad..   Setra send me a list of buses every month that are for sale.    You try to get a "leg up" and this happens..

rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2010, 12:52:15 PM »

I think that we on this forum can say whatever we like no matter how outrageous..

Fred, I was not trying to take away your first amendment rights.  Just trying to make a point.  I will go bow out of the discussion.

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
’85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
jackhartjr

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2010, 01:00:09 PM »

Brian, I know the loans would not be forgiven, I just think they should have been allowed to fail!  (BOFA that is!)

Zero, as a rule the sheriff and any other cop folks will not get involved in a repo.  The ones that do are stupid!
Jack

Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2010, 01:06:10 PM »

Lin and Clifford always seem to beat me to the punch.

HIRE THE DAM LAWYER....do it now!  Maybe go to an attorney you know and trust and get a refferal to a lawyer that specializes in this sort of crap and make sure that he is described as the rottenest, most vile, deceitful and unscrupulous BASTARD on planet earth.....and make him your BASTARD.

Let the lawyer determine if the mechanics lean is the best way to go.  After all, he wouldn't try telling you how to maintain a SETRA....would he?  I do know that you are responsible for the care and protection of those buses even if you found them alongside the road.  I cringed when you said the "inspector"for the bank was out and you allowed him to inspect.  THE BANK IS THE ENEMY and you should let your attorney decide what and how you will coperate.  If that Puke says they all had brand new tires and will swear to it, and he will swear to anything, then you could find yourself installing brand new tires to avoid a law suit.

You might consider assigning a large portion of any tort settlement to the lawyer. Tort being a recovery of damages that you endured as a result of B of A's unnecessary legal actions against you.  Not just the repairs they tried to help themselves to and the interruption of revenue generating business where you EARN a living, but the sleepless nights and Tums etc.  You do stuff for two reasons....firstly because you can and that seems to be the guiding rule of their behavior and secondly, and most importantly, it teaches them a lesson should they be open to learning.

Now, without Tort law you are grasping at legal straws.  B of A, all banks actually, contribute a pile of cash to the cause of "Tort Law Reform".   All they seem to talk about is how unfair it is that an attorney gets rich and that they would save money and be able to pass the savings along to the consumer.  The law is the law....you don't want sued....then don't take out the wrong KIDNEY or amputate the wrong fracking LEG and don't take actions because you have a barn full of legal staff on retainer and can crush the little guy.   I wish to not sacrifice my right to sue your @$# off if you damage me or mine and that some creep might not be able to game the system is absolutely no consolation.  You think they are out of control now you just watch them if they get their way with the tort law rewrite/abolishment.....just watch.  Then all you will hear from the cretins that vote this stuff is "see Martha, the little guy just can't win".  And Bubba Billy Bob Jim Jack will be correct at that point.

My heart felt disappointment at your predicament, BK.  Hire the Prick and get some sleep knowing that all that can be done will be done in your behalf.

Your Friend,
John
« Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 01:13:21 PM by JohnEd » Logged

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
Lin

1965 MC-5a

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2010, 01:21:20 PM »

Just to add something to what John said.  One of my daughters is a lawyer.  She was formerly with a large, expensive firm that thought a case with a $20,000. retainer was just too nickel and dime for them.  When someone she knew needed an attorney in a business matter, she once recommended a guy that had been her adversary.  She said that he was always on the edge of what he could get away with and was considered a real pest by the large firms.  He would cause them huge amounts of nuisance which they, of course, would bill to their client.  The reason she recommended him is that she said that it probably was the only way that a small, one man office could take on a large legal team.  Look for a pit bull here.

You don't have to believe everything you think.
JohnEd

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2010, 01:42:59 PM »

And further more.....99% of the "one man law firms" FAIL quickly.  If that guy was making it "alone" he was somebody special.  At least according to my law professor and the many lawyers I used to drink with a couple days a week.  Make sure she gives you his name.  I agree....almost.  Make it a rabid Pitt Bull with a track record.

Good luck again,

John

"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2010, 02:07:26 PM »

Lin, great to know you have a daughter that is a attorney my oldest is a partner with Vinson and Elkins in Houston a huge law firm glad I don't have to pay her rates lol 

good luck

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2010, 06:18:32 PM »

Any conclusion to this topic?  Did BOA repo the buses this week?

I don't understand why BOA wants to rent more space to park non-performing assets.  The payments were being made.  BOA could have just as easily adjusted the name on the agreement instead of taking back something they may lose money on selling.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
DaveG

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2010, 06:26:32 PM »

Come on Bryce...were all hangin' here............
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2010, 06:45:30 PM »

come on BK.  Tell us the jerks got outdone and you still have the agreement that allows you all to make money and pay back BOA. 

You just clinched it for me.  i was about to open a BOA account and now i wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole.  and to think our money went to save their sorrys A$$es.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2010, 06:57:32 PM »

I wouldn't put all the blame on BOA those are probably recourse loans and Setra may want the buses back and telling BOA to call the loans anyway possible.
I hope it works out for BK and his family 

good luck

Live each day like it was your last,one day it will be
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2010, 09:50:35 PM »

Thank you all! It's still up in the air! (not the bus either! Wink )

And they are out pounding the pavement making mo $! (well except the one outside my window with the dog sleeping in it! But I will trade him places in the morning when I pull out early!)
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
philiptompkjns

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2010, 04:37:19 AM »

Good job BK, it'll be harder to repo them if they never stand still!

1990 102a3... Just got started, don't  know  what I'm doing.
Fred Mc

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: March 04, 2010, 09:16:49 PM »

"Fred, I was not trying to take away your first amendment rights.  Just trying to make a point.  I will go bow out of the discussion.'

Jim, this certainly wasn't a shot at you. I was just suggesting that we, as observers, can say whatever we want because its only our opinion and we are not affected. I was more concerned that Bryce has to be careful what he says as he is the one involved.

As for my first amendment rights, I'm not sure I have any as I'm a Canadian. But I can still have an opinion (no matter how outrageous it might be)LOL

Fred
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: