Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 21, 2014, 03:19:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: quick wiring / opinion question  (Read 2308 times)
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2010, 09:53:59 AM »

The ugly book is much more than a conduit fill table and it was free offer.

Okay, I should have said no need to wait for a book.  I was simply trying to point out that this info is available out there without waiting.

I'm sure the book has other good info too.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Sam 4106

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2010, 10:54:34 AM »

Hi Jack Conrad,
Wires don't have to have two layers of insulation. When using ENT (commonly called smurf tube) or gray plastic conduit it just works out that way. But when using EMT, rigid metal conduit, metal flex conduit, or BX there is only one layer of insulation (on the wires). The purpose of the conduit is for physical protection and support of the wires.
Good luck, Sam MC8

1976 MCI-8TA with 8V92 DDEC II and Allison HT740
bottomacher

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2010, 07:18:39 PM »

Last time I looked, THHN was about the only thing commonly used in EMT jobs; it has a colored insulator and a clear insulator outside that.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2010, 06:01:37 AM »

Hi Jack Conrad,
Wires don't have to have two layers of insulation. When using ENT (commonly called smurf tube) or gray plastic conduit it just works out that way. But when using EMT, rigid metal conduit, metal flex conduit, or BX there is only one layer of insulation (on the wires). The purpose of the conduit is for physical protection and support of the wires.
Good luck, Sam MC8

Thanks Sam,
   Any day I learn something new is a good day.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: