Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
September 02, 2014, 05:06:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New to the forum, introduction and some questions! (warning: lots of pictures)  (Read 11559 times)
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2010, 10:40:00 AM »

I went through the same thing a week ago.  Your bus looks good.

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2010, 11:24:51 AM »

Hey Anja, & Onelapper,
From what I can see looks like y'all missed some spots! Wink
I really think you need to practice some more before you try to touch up your buses. So here's the deal I'll let you guys come down spend the week-end doing the 3 white buses we have, and when yer done we'll all relax while having a beverage or 3 or 4 and moving our shop, & office to the "new" (to us anyway) facility we just got word we are the new owners of! Wink
Grin  BK  Grin

I'll even supply the sealer, paint, BBQ and refreshments and Bus/Trailers! Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
WVA_NATIVE

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: March 23, 2010, 12:08:14 PM »

Hey Anja, & Onelapper,
From what I can see looks like y'all missed some spots! Wink
I really think you need to practice some more before you try to touch up your buses. So here's the deal I'll let you guys come down spend the week-end doing the 3 white buses we have, and when yer done we'll all relax while having a beverage or 3 or 4 and moving our shop, & office to the "new" (to us anyway) facility we just got word we are the new owners of! Wink
Grin  BK  Grin

I'll even supply the sealer, paint, BBQ and refreshments and Bus/Trailers! Grin

---------------------------
Shameless, Shameless, Shameless BK, A free add for free labor and then on top of that you came through with a bribe at the end. Very nice and smoooooth. I bet you have sold a lot of ocean front property in Tenn haven't you?  Free food on the barbie Q, as George Burns once said ( I'm thinking it over ). Through in a free bus and I'm there. LOL   

WVaNative
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: March 23, 2010, 12:26:23 PM »

Quote from:  author WVaNative
Shameless, Shameless, Shameless BK, A free add for free labor and then on top of that you came through with a bribe at the end. Very nice and smoooooth. I bet you have sold a lot of ocean front property in Tenn haven't you?  Free food on the barbie Q, as George Burns once said ( I'm thinking it over ). Through in a free bus and I'm there. LOL   

WVaNative

Hey beverages too! And you might ought to be careful I do have 2 parts buses I either have to find a home for or move to a new place (I am not sure where I will store them at first but there really is not room at the new location for both of them until some ROOM is made! Wink !)
Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
WVA_NATIVE

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: March 23, 2010, 12:34:21 PM »

Wow!!!! beverages and two buses now you got me hooked LOL But can you real me in to shore and land me. Dang BK you sure know what kind of bait to use when you go fishing ol buddy.

WVaNative
muddog16
Example is more powerful than reproach. ~Aesop

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: March 23, 2010, 04:52:09 PM »

I missed the discussion on the Roof coating/sealer, but I did notice the 5 gallon can in the picture, so I googled Black Jack and found that they make two different types..........the one you used which is a 7 year coating, and the Ultra that is a 10 year coating............what made you choose the 7 year, and It did look nice!    Who told you about this product.....?  The local Lowe's carry's it here and the 10 year is only $3 more on the 4.75 gallon pail!.........Do you think it will chalk?

Pat

1982 Prevost LeMirage
8V92TA/HT754

http://prevostlemirage.blogspot.com/
divinerightstrip

1990 Le Mirage XL

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: March 24, 2010, 08:05:02 AM »

BK, if you happened to live a little closer, I would have been glad to invite you along to our re-roofing party! True, its hard to turn down anything that involves beverages and buses... I see how one might easily be hooked here... hmmm... Wink

I missed the discussion on the Roof coating/sealer, but I did notice the 5 gallon can in the picture, so I googled Black Jack and found that they make two different types..........the one you used which is a 7 year coating, and the Ultra that is a 10 year coating............what made you choose the 7 year, and It did look nice!    Who told you about this product.....?  The local Lowe's carry's it here and the 10 year is only $3 more on the 4.75 gallon pail!.........Do you think it will chalk?

That was OneLapper who was at Lowe's trying to make a decision. He was at the store, I was in the bus scraping the rubbery materials off of the railing to start my rust bullet. We were talking on the phone with a lousy signal, with only two options to choose from! There was no "Ultra" for us to pick, only the BlackJack and another type which was a 3-year coating.
I figure, it was painless enough to wash the roof and put it on... we'll see how it works out! I'll keep a keen eye on it, because I do spend quite a bit of time on top of my bus, especially in the nice weather sunbathing (I want to eventually have some sort of platform up there). I'll report back. The only way to know is to try.
I'll be sure to let you know!

I'm wondering what's required to convert from DDEC II to MUI  -  has anyone here actually done this and lived to tell the tale?   For the miniscule distances I drive and ever will drive my bus, I don't care if I lose one MPG and smoke a bit more, and I can take care of looking at the gauges to safeguard the engine.   In these fiscally-challenging (ahem) times, lower repair costs down the road would be worth the conversion if it didn't cost too much.  

Can I bring up this point again?

Perhaps I should start a new thread about it... Tongue

The Bus Girl
Sean
Geek.

'85 Neoplan Spaceliner "Odyssey"

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: March 24, 2010, 08:58:58 AM »

Can I bring up this point again?

Perhaps I should start a new thread about it... Tongue

I would strongly recommend you do that.  This one has gotten a bit too large for anyone just coming along to wade through, and I am sure you will get more participation from the elder statesmen of this forum if you start a new thread with a properly descriptive title.

I have an answer to this question, but it the interests of not having to switch back and forth, I will wait for the other thread...

-Sean
http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com

Full-timing in a 1985 Neoplan Spaceliner since 2004.
Our blog: http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com
Busted Knuckle

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: March 24, 2010, 02:03:35 PM »

Quote from: Sean
I am sure you will get more participation from the elder statesmen of this forum if you start a new thread with a properly descriptive title.
-Sean
http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com

Especially if you post pics of you sunbathing on top of the bus! They will be all over that making sure your being safe so as not to get hurt! Grin
Grin  BK  Grin

www.kylakesidetravel.net

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: