Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 01, 2014, 05:15:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It can be read on any computer, iPad, smart phone, or compatible device.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quad-axle Scenicruiser?  (Read 6289 times)
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2010, 10:40:06 AM »

BK, if you had handled the bus poorly & wrecked it, they would have learned what terror really is!

There is scary & then there is real terror - hard to know the difference until you are unfortunate enough to experience the real deal.  Wink

Safe roads to all

Quote from: kyle4501
It is very likely the extra steer axle will increase stability in the event one tire fails.  Grin

FWIW, it has been my experience (after 3 or 4 front tire blowouts) that the driver's response has the most influence on the level terror experienced.

Over correcting or slamming on the brakes = more terror.

Kyle, 56 passengers and a huge bang like a 10 gauge shoot gun going off in the bus = terror ~ regardless how smooth the driver handles it and brings it to a stop! Speaking from experience BTDT! Grin
Grin  BK  Grin

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: