Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
April 20, 2014, 08:53:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Florida Spring Break  (Read 3759 times)
Ericbsc

73 05

Ignore
« on: March 01, 2010, 05:53:57 PM »

The boss and daughter are thinking that they will let me take them and a friend to Fl. for spring break. That would be me driving the bus with 1 woman, 2-3 high school girls, and a female dog. Don't have a clue where to go, but they want beach campground with probably 200a service!!!! Need any input!! Keep in mind that they are 16-18 years old. Probably won't care for suffleboard, croket, or needlepoint. Have been informed that any beach vollyball must have players that are not on ss. Where to go?
Hi yo silver

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 06:02:59 PM »

Hmmm,
Panama City maybe?  200 amp service?  Yeah, that sounds about right for three or 4 women!  HA! HA!  Better you than me!  Good luck.  LOL

Dennis

Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9
WEC4104

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 06:14:19 PM »

Soooo many possible comments, soooo little time.  Grin

If you're going to be dumb, you gotta be tough.
buswarrior

'75 MC8 8V71 HT740

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 06:22:43 PM »

steady....

happy coaching!
buswarrior

Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
philiptompkjns

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 07:51:16 PM »

Soooo many possible comments, soooo little time.  Grin

I was going to, but your restraint had a good influence on me.

All I can tell you is avoid the Fort Pierce/Vero Beach area... Everyone here is either beyond retired, or poor and ghetto. (Hint: I'm not retired)

1990 102a3... Just got started, don't  know  what I'm doing.
jok

Its a bus thing...Im glad were on board!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 08:28:19 PM »

Hi Ericbsc,

Last year we stayed at Beverly Beach Resort (www.beverlybeachcamptown.com) in Flagler Beach. It was great. We were right on the beach ($85 per night with 7th night free) and it was great. We saw dolphins and stingrays from the beach. Even got a picture of a stingray jumping out of the water. It was easy in and easy out. They have 30 & 50 amp service. We had 30 amp and had no problem, even with our three roof airs and black exterior paint.

We all had a blast. The wife, two 15 year old girls, a 7 year old girl and me. We spent a lot of time on the beach at the campground, shopping and eating in St. Augustine (went to the Fort), visited Daytona Speedway, Daytona Beach and Coco Beach. We had some great seafood.

We have stayed in Florida a few times during Spring Break, but this was the most relaxing. We have stayed at Camping on the Gulf in Destin ($97-$132 for near-beach and on-beach) which was okay, and Bluewater Key RV Resort just outside of Key West, which was amazing (and too expensive at $150 per night to be on the bay, complete with tiki hut and private dock, but no beach).

Beverly Beach is now our favorite. There were a few guys fishing from the beach, some families with kids and couples. The beach was usually near empty and the water was warm enough to swim every day. The grandkids loved it and my wife, who is not crazy about Florida, loved it. She suggested we go there every year. I am hoping we can go this spring break.

John

1990 Prevost
1977 MC8-Sold
Southwest Michigan
Ericbsc

73 05

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 07:00:00 PM »

Thanks for the input. As for myself, shuffleboard, and extreme quiet would be perfect!! I somehow don't see that happnin this trip.The crews reasoning is since this will be the last spring break before she heads off to college it should be her way. I'm thinking vallium, and some good beach fishin?Huh? The Beverly beach resort looks interesting, a little pricy but whats not today.
bevans6

1980 MCI MC-5C

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 06:10:30 AM »

I can't believe what I'm reading....  All the women in his life are forcing him to go south in the winter and lie on a beach surrounded by eye candy, probably be waited on hand and foot if he plays his cards right, and I sense complaints...    Grin

1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Spicer 8844 4 speed Zen meditation device
Vintage race cars -
1978 Lola T440 Formula Ford
1972 NTM MK-4 B/SR
Ericbsc

73 05

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 08:44:17 AM »

When you say it like that it sounds like I must be crazy not to jump on this one!! I would think the same except that I have been here before!!! I know these girls will not be happy sitting still!! They are all shopaholics, which means I will be pack mule as well as bus driver!!! But what the heck, it will be a great adventure. Scarry part is that the bus is just recently ready to use after 9 plus years in the conversion process. The furthest we have been was about 3 hrs. at christmas. Heck of a shakedown cruise Grin
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 02:23:12 PM »

Flagler is a very nice area, but I love the Destin area. Beautiful beach, and lots of shopping for the gals, lol.

Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!
muddog16
Example is more powerful than reproach. ~Aesop

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 02:28:30 PM »

Eric, enjoy the trip... this trip before college will long be remembered!  Soon enough they won't have much at all to do with us....LOL.......enjoy'em while you have them!

Pat

1982 Prevost LeMirage
8V92TA/HT754

http://prevostlemirage.blogspot.com/
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 03:25:39 PM »

i don't have any great suggestions as to specifics, but get way south.  Even Ft. Myers is only 50 today.  We're heading north tomorrow, not completely by choice.  up around bushnell.  here in arcadia, we're in sweatshirts.  Last week in key west-same thing.  got the sweatshirt off only at midday.

30's at night.  dress warm.  i'd go at least to Ft. Lauderdale or Ft Myers area.
good luck with all the women.   Cheesy Cheesy

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
jok

Its a bus thing...Im glad were on board!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2010, 08:24:15 PM »

Hey Ericbsc,

Did you decide where you're going for spring break?

John

1990 Prevost
1977 MC8-Sold
Southwest Michigan
Ericbsc

73 05

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2010, 04:35:59 AM »

Right now the girls are still planning. My daughter wants key west, but of course she dosen't have to do the driving or buy the fuel. We like the campground in Panama city. Others on their list include, Melborne Beach, Daytona, Fort Meyers, and Destin. I probably won't be informed until we hit the road LOL!!!
robertglines1
steam nut

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2010, 04:53:51 AM »

Eric we are in central Fla now ( silver springs) weather in 70's headed for 80 later in week.has been cool but there is relief in site over next week...Panama will be really crowded...St. Andrews st park is at the east end of strip...mid   $ 20's per nite prob cooler...St. Augustine is great,college town and plenty of shopping.for kids and Mon;weather should stabilize now,average high for today is 77...ocean still cold 56 degrees this morning(water temp)..air temp in 70's today....the old stand by Ft Wilderness at Disney(if you can get in)shop till you drop and play. use their transportation..all ages enjoy this. Last of all enjoy.

Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: