Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 08:01:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OT Home Invasion  (Read 7022 times)
luvrbus

Ignore
« on: March 02, 2010, 06:06:59 AM »

Guys the wife and I were victims of a home invasion by 2 guys lucky no one was hurt but it upset the wife so much her blood pressure shot to 235/175  
I almost lost my best friend because of 2 idiots.
This was the very first time in my life I wanted to kill a human being man I want to shoot the SOB one got away but I kept the other at gun point till law came.  
Protect yourself and the family guys there are some wackos out there.  
Mike can move this post if he likes I just wanted to warn you guys it can happen to anyone.  

good luck
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 01:59:19 PM by luvrbus » Logged

Life is short drink the good wine first
oldmansax
Tom & Phyllis

'82 Bluebird Wanderlodge PT40

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 06:16:29 AM »

Clifford,

So glad you and yours are OK. I am sure you would rather have shot the guys but that probably would have caused more trouble than they are worth.

I am sorry to say I think we are going to see more of this.

TOM

'82 BlueBird WanderLodge PT40 being rebuilt
Delaware

DON'T STEAL! The government hates competition!
cody

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 06:17:58 AM »

After spending half my life in prison, I know how crazy some of the nutcases can be, just glad you guys are all right and glad you caught one of them, hopefully they'll get put away for a long time, in michigan home invasion of an occupied house gets a very much enhanced sentance over one where nobody was home at the time, the differnce can be as much as 15 years more.  Their lawyers always claim it was their first mistake and they are really good people that are desparate, hopefully the court won't be so jammed up that they'll offer a plea bargain, you as the victim, can refuse the plea bargian if it's offered too, you have options and rights, one of them is to be compensated for the emotional damage it causes, hit the lowlifes with every available tool you can. Just glad your alright, or as alright as you can be after that kind of trauma.
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 06:26:43 AM »

Guys the wife and I were victims of a home invasion by 2 guys lucky no one was hurt but it upset the wife so much her blood pressure shot to 235/135  
I almost lost my best friend because of 2 idiots.
This was the very first time in my life I wanted to kill a human being man I want to shoot the SOB one got away but I kept the other at gun point till law came.  
Protect yourself and the family guys there are some wackos out there.  
Mike can move this post if he likes I just wanted to warn you guys it can happen to anyone.  

good luck

Wow Clifford!! Thank goodness you both are OK.  NOw am I understanding the story correctly?  You caught one?  Way to go!!!  If you get a chance call me at 713 530 9182 as quick as possible I will explain when you call.

1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com
larryc

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2010, 06:28:34 AM »

My Home Invasion Experience

One afternoon last August I was working in my basement shop when the alarm that sounds whenever a door is opened told me that someone had just entered through an upstairs door.  My wife had just gone back to work after back surgery and I thought she might have come home early so I went upstairs to see how she was.
As I entered the dining room there was a man with his back to me looking through a credenza. I reached over behind the TV and pulled out my shotgun. I asked him what he was doing and he turned and stuttered something about he thought he was in someone else's house. I had him empty his pockets and when I saw that he had not stolen anything yet I told him to get out. About that time a second guy came down the hall and I got both of them outside. About that time a third guy came out the front door. I let them all go and called the police. They did their usual checking for finger prints and one of the cops asked me why they weren't investigating a death rather than just an attempted robbery. I told them that the shotgun was empty.
The shotgun is still in the same place (and empty) but I now carry a concealed loaded weapon even when I'm in the house.
I probably could probably have handled it differently (isn't hindsight wonderful) but I didn't think that I could control the situation and dial 911 at the same time.
It was amazing to me that even though there was a car in the carport, alarm company sign in the yard and on the door and the alarm sounded when they opened the door, they still came in.

LarryC

Bus Maintenance, Parts and Operators Manuals
Coach Information Network  www.coachinfo.com

Videos and Photos from the dean of
bus photographers, Bob Redden
Redden Archives   www.reddenarchives.com
HighTechRedneck
Global Moderator

BCM Editor

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 06:31:50 AM »

Clifford, I am very thankful that you and your wife survived it.  And I am glad you were properly armed and skilled to defend yourselves and apprehend at least one of them.  Otherwise, this could easily have been a thread started by a friend or relative to inform us of a tragic loss.  And in that context I believe it is on topic enough for this board.
Paso One

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 06:37:52 AM »

If home invasions keep happening ( without steep penaltys )

It won't be long before they are breaking into the bus while your in it.

68 5303 Fishbowl 40' x 102"
6V71  V730 4:10
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 06:39:21 AM »

What Cody said.

Plus - I hate a damn thief!
One time, I had to call the police many, many times only to find the law was stacked against me & I had no real recourse. The most recent theft, I had to make repeated phone calls & collect evidence & send it to the police. even then, it seemed to take forever to arrest the guy after he made a statement & confessed to it all.

I'm so glad to hear you both survived, but the violation will take a long time to get past, I don't know if you can ever get over it. Persuing conviction of these dirtbags will help you both feel less helpless. Letting the police know you will not back down will help them do their job - - they hate seeing all their efforts go for nothing when the victims decline to press charges. When they know you aren't backing down, it makes it easier for them to work harder for justice.

After being the victim of theft, I can honestly say that I know understand the power of forgiveness - I feel like it is the most selfish thing I have ever done. I am not bothered at all by it, after I decided to forgive him, I was amazed at the calmness that came to me. I haven't forgotten & I still wouldn't spit on the guy if his guts were on fire nor am I about to give him a chance at the other cheek.

RE - The most recent theft from my orphanage of 4 scenicruisers, after 2 months, I ain't ready to forgive that yet, but I can tell I'm getting closer. . . .

I guess it helps that I'm too lazy to carry a grudge.  (that plus the fact the punk is in jail . . . )

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 06:44:44 AM »

You just don't know!! Thank googness you had the thought process and the wits about you to protect your family.  I have been a cop for a long time.  I don't see  enough people with the wits you displayed.  It is very very rare you see someone able to defend themselves even in their own homes.

Somebody posted a reply about the cop asking why they were not investigating a death.  I don't think the cop should have asked that.  He of all people should know not to say that.  We can all sit back and armchair quarterback.  To do so we would be wrong.  When somehting like this happens things get haywire.

I have been ina tight situation or two over the years.  Later somebody would ask me a question about the incident.  At times I would not be able to remember anything about the incident.  It is asa if your sub conscious has taken over and running the show.  So nobody should say a person should do this or a person should do that.  It aint that easy.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 06:46:47 AM by wal1809 » Logged

www.snakebreaker.com
philiptompkjns

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2010, 06:48:48 AM »

Clifford,

So glad you and yours are OK. I am sure you would rather have shot the guys but that probably would have caused more trouble than they are worth.

TOM

That is why I love living in Texas, you would be wrong.
And when you shoot, you shoot to kill. Dead men can't argue in court/sue you for shooting them.

Good job for getting one of them locked up lvr, the sad thing is he'll probably be back out on the street pretty soon.

1990 102a3... Just got started, don't  know  what I'm doing.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2010, 06:52:49 AM »

Clifford,
   Glad to hear both of you are OK.  We were robbed many years ago, but fortunately, we were not home at the time.  A few years ago Floida passed what has been referred to as the "Kill Bill". If someone forcibly enters your home or vehicle, you have the right to shoot them and cannot be held liable criminally or in civil court.  Home invasions & car jackings decreased since the bill went into effect.  
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 07:04:19 AM by JackConrad » Logged

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
larryc

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2010, 06:57:47 AM »

It's amazing how certain laws reduce the crime rate:

http://www.rense.com/general9/gunlaw.htm

LarryC

Bus Maintenance, Parts and Operators Manuals
Coach Information Network  www.coachinfo.com

Videos and Photos from the dean of
bus photographers, Bob Redden
Redden Archives   www.reddenarchives.com
bryanhes

Eagle Model 10 "For Now"

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2010, 07:00:37 AM »

Clifford,
Glad you and your wife are ok. Unfortunately things appear they are going to get worse before they get better. There are definitely other means to support ones self than becoming a thief. To many want it the easy way.

Fortunately for you and your wife, you had the ability to keep it together and act quickly. Good job Clifford!

Take care of the wife's BP. Maybe install an alarm system that is attached to a loud speaker outside.

Bryan
kyle4501

PD4501 South Carolina

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2010, 07:03:33 AM »

Yes, the 'kill bill' is a good and necessary thing that has removed some of the power from the criminals & given it ti the victims. BUT- as badly as some need removing from the gene pool, I don't know that I want that on my hands. As much as I would like to have done so a few times in the past, actually taking a life is a heavy thing to carry with you the rest of your life - I don't know if I'm up to that task. I am most thankful I haven't been put in that position.

I commend Clifford for having the restraint to let the trained professionals handle dealing with the trash!

Clifford, you are a real hero!

I hope this incident leaves no scars . . . .

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. (R.M. Nixon)
wal1809

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2010, 07:07:49 AM »

Clifford,

TOM

That is why I love living in Texas, you would be wrong.
And when you shoot, you shoot to kill. Dead men can't argue in court/sue you for shooting them.

Good job for getting one of them locked up lvr, the sad thing is he'll probably be back out on the street pretty soon.

This is what I was talking about.  There are more troubles than legal and civil penalties when it comes to shooting a person.  It does something to you and in very very rare instances would it be good.  I have had to choose to or not too more times than I care to mention on here.  Most of time I felt I made the right choice and everytime I was glad I didn't have to shoot another human being.  It seems to me Luvrbus made the right choice.  Both he and his wife are safe now and one punk was apprehended.  That is as good of an outcome as can be expected.  

www.snakebreaker.com
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: