Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
July 23, 2014, 05:26:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription:  It will not get lost in the mail.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: warning on fuel filters  (Read 1953 times)
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2010, 05:16:06 AM »

Tom, you probably have something like the PS120 type filter (http://www.parker.com/literature/Racor/14401_Rev_-_PS120_Series.pdf).  If so, there is a gasket and I doubt you will be able to run without it.  If this is not your filter, just shorten the link and look at other Parker/Racor filters.  These types of filters are generally self-priming, but the pump will pull air without the gasket when you need high fuel flow rates.  As you see from the picture, the bowl is a screw on.  My guess is that the person changing the filter did not get it on tight.
Jim

an added note, the o-ring was on there, but whenever i tried to tighten the bowl onto the filter, it would slip.  i didn't see anything stripped and tried 2 different wix filters with the same result.  i think they were just offsize from the original detroit filter since they really wouldn't tighten up completely.  Now i don't care since we took the bowl/filter out. Smiley

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2010, 05:19:27 AM »

Tom,
   Where are ya'll at now? Jim & Connie's?   We are planning to arrive at Jim & Connies tomorrow.  Tell Sis we said Hi.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: