Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
November 23, 2014, 05:12:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: warning on fuel filters  (Read 2062 times)
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2010, 05:16:06 AM »

Tom, you probably have something like the PS120 type filter (http://www.parker.com/literature/Racor/14401_Rev_-_PS120_Series.pdf).  If so, there is a gasket and I doubt you will be able to run without it.  If this is not your filter, just shorten the link and look at other Parker/Racor filters.  These types of filters are generally self-priming, but the pump will pull air without the gasket when you need high fuel flow rates.  As you see from the picture, the bowl is a screw on.  My guess is that the person changing the filter did not get it on tight.
Jim

an added note, the o-ring was on there, but whenever i tried to tighten the bowl onto the filter, it would slip.  i didn't see anything stripped and tried 2 different wix filters with the same result.  i think they were just offsize from the original detroit filter since they really wouldn't tighten up completely.  Now i don't care since we took the bowl/filter out. Smiley

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2010, 05:19:27 AM »

Tom,
   Where are ya'll at now? Jim & Connie's?   We are planning to arrive at Jim & Connies tomorrow.  Tell Sis we said Hi.  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: