Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 29, 2014, 02:57:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 500 Members as of May 5th, 2006.  Smiley  3,499 Members as of October 21, 2012 Cheesy

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Off to Moab, Utah  (Read 2885 times)
lostagain

MC5C

Ignore
« on: March 05, 2010, 08:49:50 AM »

Haven't posted for a while: no internet at the house for a few weeks now. Hopefully fixed next week with new wireless broadband connection.

My two boys and I are going to Moab tomorrow morning for the 2 weeks of Spring break. We are pulling a trailer with the dirt bikes. We plan on camping on BLM at the trail heads, riding for 2 or 3 days, then go into town to resupply and go out again. We'll be there for 10 days or so. The bus is as good as it's ever been. I overhauled the Jakes this winter and tightened up misc. odds and ends.

From here,(S.E. BC), we'll drive down to Missoula, Mt, then East to Butte, Mt, then South on I-15, through S. L. C. and Moab.
We have been looking forward to this trip all winter. We are all exited! Wish us luck.

JC

JC
Invermere, BC
1977 MC5C, 6V92/HT740
fe2_o3

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 09:02:24 AM »

I envy you. It's been ages since my kids grew up and got lives. I wish you luck and hope you enjoy the bus, the trip, the kids, and the rides...Cable

Sofar Sogood
1953-4104
KB7LJR
Everett, WA.
PP
Will & Wife

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2010, 09:05:56 AM »

Good luck and play safe, Will

Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2010, 09:06:22 AM »

Hey JC, have a great time!  We spent a couple of days in Moab on our way down to Yuma this fall. Very pretty place, we plan to come thru again on one of our migrations. Smiley

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
RJ
Former Giant Greenbrier Owner

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2010, 09:58:46 PM »

JC -

Have a good time, and enjoy the "spring" weather!

PS:  Still looking for that steering wheel for you - haven't forgotten!

Wink

RJ Long
PD4106-2784 No More
Fresno CA
Brian Diehl

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2010, 06:12:15 AM »

JC, Have a great time!  I took my family there last April for spring break.  We were there during the jeep jamboree and had a blast.  There are so many great places to go and see.  We also camped on the BLM lands.  What a great way to go!
Gary W

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2010, 06:23:17 AM »

Hi JC

We stayed there last year on our way home from our winter trip, had a great time. We are leaving on March 11 for our trip south to Apache Junction , a little later this year . Hope to see you at the BC Bus Nuts rally at Hat Creek Ranch in May, You to Ed H.

Gary
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2010, 08:33:25 AM »

Gary,  Hat Creek Ranch looks like a nice place for a rally from what i saw on the newsletter. There are several rallies we would like to attend this year but once again it is going to depend on where i am working this summer and what my schedule is like. Sad    We will be keeping our fingers crossed. Smiley  Ed

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
viento1

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2010, 12:49:56 PM »

enjoy the dirtbike action. As you swing by Missoula consider heading up to Mount Hogan (25 min drive). There is a great little restaurant (open on weekends only) called the sugar shack or something like that. There is also some great kiteskiing to be had... you can get a lesson if you havnt already tried. You would probably like those kind of sports...

Have a great trip

Ok, it's time to go on another road trip.
www.randalclark.com
MC5
lostagain

MC5C

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2010, 02:53:08 PM »

At a Flying J for a break (with WiFi) just N. of SLC. Bus is running awesome. In Moab tonight or tomorow morning. Thanks all for encouragement. Yes we are aiming for BC Busnut rally at Hat Creek. I'll post again next time we find a WiFi spot.

Take care everybody,

JC

JC
Invermere, BC
1977 MC5C, 6V92/HT740
lostagain

MC5C

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 06:40:51 PM »

Been here (Moab) for a couple days now. Camped at Sand Flats area on BLM primitive campsite 15 mn  out of town. Not crowded at all, being a little early in the season. Great riding. Barely keeping up to the boys. They are really nice about waiting for Dad... Really great bus trip. It ran flawlessly all the way down, on the governor at 60 mph. No snow here (lots most of the way down though). Hope it runs as good for the way back next week.

Happy bussing  to all,

JC

JC
Invermere, BC
1977 MC5C, 6V92/HT740
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 08:13:35 PM »

Nothing better than being "Lost Again"!!!

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
cody

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2010, 08:21:33 PM »

Why is it 'spring break' for the kids and 'spring broke' for the parents lol.
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2010, 09:08:20 PM »

Or at our age it's "Mine's Broke"!!

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
lostagain

MC5C

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2010, 08:37:33 AM »

Back home now. What a great time. Awesome terrain and scenery. Nice people everywhere. We stayed on the Sands Flats BLM area for 3 or 4 nights ($12/night),and did all the trails there except Porcupine Rim (too high with too much snow still). Then we moved up near Canyonlands Nat. Park to run the trails around Gemini Bridges. That's when we got that snow storm Sat. night. 4" the next morning. I was worried about getting the bus out of the camp ground with my summer tread tires, but it went really well. We did Arches N. P. that day in the rain. Perfect with the sky view windows. Stayed in town along the wall (100th S.) just off Main Street on 2 different nights. Nobody minds. Drove back in 2 days. Bus ran flawlessly, I am so happy with it... I'll try to post a few pics.

JC

JC
Invermere, BC
1977 MC5C, 6V92/HT740
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: