Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 28, 2014, 06:08:40 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an E-Mag Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well i'll be darned!  (Read 1067 times)
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« on: March 08, 2010, 02:35:53 PM »

We had a rain storm here in Yuma yesterday and after it slowed down i went outside to check on a few things. I was only out for about 15 minutes and had a jacket on but when i came back inside my hands were cold and hurting. Now the temp was around 56 degrees which i know is way warmer than a lot of you have seen for a while. There was a breeze blowing so there was some chill factor involved too. Back on Januarary 16th there was the topic called "Weather in Quartzsite" in which at one point i said i was a pansy or a wuss when it came to cold weather. Smiley  Today i was talking to another busnut and mentioned how my hands were yesterday and he told me to look up Raynauds  Phenomenon.  Turns out that some of the symptoms match what happens to my hands and feet!     So it looks like i have a valid medical condition instead of just being a wimp!  Smiley  .......... but what the hell, i have gone all my life this far thinking i was just a cold weather wimp, so i may just as well continue thinking that, for the rest of my life. Grin

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
Tenor

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 04:12:23 PM »

Made 55 here in Lansing MI.  I went swimming... Tongue

Glenn

Glenn Williams
Lansing, MI
www.threemenandatenor.com
1968 MCI 7 Ser. No. 7476 Unit No. 10056
8v71
4 speed Spicer
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 04:24:39 PM »

This time of year that must be a heat wave for you! Grin

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
Tenor

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 04:32:16 PM »

Yup! Grin Grin Grin

I used Luvrbus' trick to start the cold beast a week ago and I'm dying to get out.  Once the temps hold, I'll finish the new kitchen counter/cabinets, bedroom cabinet and polyurethane the stuff I haven't gotten to yet.  Can't wait!

Glenn

Glenn Williams
Lansing, MI
www.threemenandatenor.com
1968 MCI 7 Ser. No. 7476 Unit No. 10056
8v71
4 speed Spicer
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 07:43:34 PM »

75* here in TN today! Grin
Wink  BK  Wink

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 05:31:11 AM »

75* here in TN today! Grin
Wink  BK  Wink

We discussed your comment this morning and have decided excess stress, snow, too much coffee and various other things have caused this halucination. Grin Grin  it was barely 70 deg here in Summerfield, Fl, so it could not possibly be in the 70's in TN.  Shocked Take an asperin, drink tomato juice instead of coffee, and get a massage. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
white-eagle

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 05:35:56 AM »

... when i came back inside my hands were cold and hurting. Now the temp was around 56 degrees which i know is way warmer than a lot of you have seen for a while. ... at one point i said i was a pansy or a wuss when it came to cold weather. Smiley 

Ed try not to grip cold wrenches or other tools.  use hot oil, not cold, and run the engine before working on it.  i know you didin't mention engines,, but why else would you be outside in 56 deg?   Grin

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.
Jerry32

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 08:11:35 AM »

I left Yuma on the first and am home in Oregon now where the temps have been in the mid fifties to mid sixties as I was tired of the rain and cold in Yuma. I had an 8D batt go bad in the bus while in Yuma and didn't want to pay the sales tax there so found a couple of govenment trade ins that were in excellent condition at the local battery shop for 50 bucks each. Government has to trade batteries in two years so were 2 years old.  Jerry

1988 MCI 102A3 8V92TA 740
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: