Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 24, 2014, 04:11:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: You will not have to go out in the rain, sleet, hail, or snow to retrieve it.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OSPHO brand rust "converter".  (Read 5883 times)
Jeremy

1987 Bedford Plaxton

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2010, 01:46:40 AM »

Jeremy,

The hameritr you can get here in the US comes in many colors.

John

I expect it does...it does here too.

Jeremy

A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.
gus

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 08:31:22 PM »

The best stuff to use sells under a few different brands but the thing they all have in common is they are latex based. This means you can clean up with water. I get mine in a small white plastic bottle in the WM auto body supply section.

They only work if there is rust to convert, you don't want to remove any more than the top layers of scaled rust, thin surface rust is best. Coat it, let it turn black and paint it the next day. No primers. If the rusted part is black to begin with there is no need to paint it again.

I've been using this stuff for 30 years and won't use anything else. It also prevents any new rust forming if you get full coverage.

The place I use it most is under batteries and on battery clamps, the only thing I've ever found that will do this job right.

I stopped using Naval Jelly years ago, that stuff is nasty and doesn't convert the rust, it supposedly cleans it off to bare metal. Bare metal just rusts again before you can get it painted! Convert the rust and paint, end of problem.

Rust Mort is OK but a lot of work.

PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR
reelnative

1976 mci mc-8 8v71 all 740

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 08:48:36 PM »

ospho or the right stuff if you buy it from auto zone is the best thing you can use on rusted parts and for pre painting, ive used it for over 20yrs,

you can also use it to shine up your alum rims, when they get the brake funk on them that never wants to come off, if you have rust stains you can use this stuff called mary kate on and off it will take rust stains off by just whiping with a cloth or spraying it on the stain but dont use it on sst, it will discolor it, you can find it at west marine

life is good
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: