Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 21, 2014, 08:16:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It takes up much less space in your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1992 Vanhool bus for sale  (Read 3388 times)
Oregonconversion

Ignore
« on: March 09, 2010, 10:42:59 AM »

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/ctd/1635152432.html

I have been watching this bus for a while. It was $20,000 and now its down to $12500. I have drove this bus, its a good driver. A nice score for someone.

1977 MC8
8V92 HT740
MattC

Recycled DART Bus 8284

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 11:12:32 AM »

I remember considering that one almost two years ago.  His web-site has it listed at 15K.

I had removed this one from the selection pool as I was under the impression that Van Hoole parts were hard to come by?  However I've little clue as to the validity of my assumption.

Sure could be fun with that much bay space and height.  Yummy

MCI 102A3 / 6V92 / HT740
Camping in our House LOL
WL7CQH
Oregonconversion

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 11:17:43 AM »

Oh maybe it was for 15k not 20

1977 MC8
8V92 HT740
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 11:29:16 AM »

Van Hool parts are not hard to get they are just a little on the pricey side from ABC Bus Co like all imports

good luck

Life is short drink the good wine first
MattC

Recycled DART Bus 8284

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 12:03:31 PM »

Oh maybe it was for 15k not 20

NO NO ....   It was 20K when I looked at it some time back.  I was trying to note that he had it listed for 15k on his web site, to point out he'd reduced the price on CL. 

So much for communication skills.  DeeDeeDeee

MCI 102A3 / 6V92 / HT740
Camping in our House LOL
WL7CQH
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2010, 12:25:02 PM »

One potential issue with this model is rust.  They can rust really bad up until the 1995s when they changed over to stainless steel.  I saw one over at ABC in Minnesota that was rusted so bad that the engine door was held on with bailing wire.  It had rust everywhere.  It looked like a nice parts bus to me.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
Dreamscape
Dreamscape
Global Moderator

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V71 Allison 740 #7443

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2010, 03:50:45 PM »

Rust on a bus...............Oh My Grin

Becky and Paul Lawry, On The Road
Travel Blog - http://dreamscapetravels.wordpress.com/
Bus Blog - http://dreamscapesilvereagle.wordpress.com/

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.
WVA_NATIVE

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2010, 07:10:42 PM »

LOL we've all been watching this bus for a very long time. Vanhool is my first choice because I just love the lines on those baby's.

WVaNative
gumpy
Some Assembly Required

Slightly modified 1982 MC9

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2010, 07:20:58 PM »

One potential issue with this model is rust.  They can rust really bad up until the 1995s when they changed over to stainless steel.  I saw one over at ABC in Minnesota that was rusted so bad that the engine door was held on with bailing wire.  It had rust everywhere.  It looked like a nice parts bus to me.

You make it sound like bailing wire is a bad thing!!   Roll Eyes

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"
belfert

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 04:28:38 AM »

Rust on a bus...............Oh My Grin

The one Van Hool I saw at ABC would make the rustiest Eagle you've ever seen look good.  I have rarely ever seen a car in Minnesota look that rusty even after years in our salt.  It had so much rust I don't know how they managed to drive the thing to ABC.  A DOT inspector would probably just laugh at you if you asked for DOT inspection for that bus.

Now, I'm saying all Van Hools are that bad, but you need to check them over.  There are plenty of Van Hools that are nice buses.

Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN
johns4104s

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 04:57:49 AM »

I understand from my hands on tour operator, that the mechanical maintence is very accessable and easy on the Van hoole.

John
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 05:23:03 AM »

Van Hool's are easy to work on but they need to be lol 

good luck

TomC

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2010, 07:59:56 AM »

What lines do VanHools have?  They're a rolling square brick with a windshield.  But-that also makes for the most interior space.  The only thing I don't like about VB's is the long rear overhang from the drive axle.  I've seen them hung up on driveways more then once.  The L10 will make a reliable mechanical engine.  Good Luck, TomC

Tom & Donna Christman. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.
Busted Knuckle

6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2010, 10:29:51 AM »

Quote from: TomC
I've seen them hung up on driveways more then once.  The L10 will make a reliable mechanical engine.  Good Luck, TomC

Hmmm this one is missing the rear bumper and such. Kinda makes ya go hmmm doesn't it?

Also I have been watching this same bus a long time! It was once listed somewhere showing it as being in California and on top of needing the rear body panels it needed an oil pan! (had a picture of it on a Landoll trailer in that add!)

So my guess our guy a Grabhorn Equipment Sales bought it or took it in on trade, put a oil pan on it and had it towed or driven to OR.

I have spoken to him on the phone several times about this bus, and he always talks down to me like I know nothing about buses or what they are worth! (but then again he could be right!)

Personally I  am staying far away from it as the engine could have been damaged by the incident requiring a new oil pan and body parts! (besides I don't know enough about things like that to be a knowledgeable buyer.)
Grin  BK  Grin

Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

Grin Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! Grin (at least thats what momma always told me! Grin)
luvrbus

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2010, 11:02:48 AM »

BK, Bart does that too about everyone he did it to me one time and I picked up my check book and left never been back that is one reason he is not a major player in the used bus market any longer 

good luck

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: