Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
December 26, 2014, 04:48:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If you had an Online Subscription: It will not get torn up or crushed if you back over it with your bus.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Has anyone had this problem?  (Read 1175 times)
fairlang

Ignore
« on: August 05, 2006, 10:47:49 AM »

My directional lights on the left side are working correctly, but when I now turn on the right side, the left side also flash at the same time.  The other thing is when the switch is in the center, the flasher unit is clicking, but no lights are on as should be.  I diconnected the four way switch to be sure there was no feed back from the switch.  Would there be diodes ?   Thanks for any ideas as to what has happen.   Jon
NCbob

"Foolish Pleasure" 35' MC5A

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2006, 11:01:05 AM »

By no stretch of the imagination is this meant to be rude, Jon...but what in the hell are you talking about? Wink

I'm assuming that the turn signal problems is on your bus...but then it could be on the toad because that's where the diodes belong.
If you could go into just a teeny weeny bit more detail I'm positive one of our many electrical geniuses could help you.  Like the brand of the bus and/or the toad, whether or not the signals work properly on the bus without being connected to the toad, do the toad lights work properly independent of the bus....just little things like that. Grin

Bob

True friends are difficult to find, hard to leave and impossible to forget.
fairlang

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2006, 11:34:02 AM »

Sorry, I forgot to add its on my 1987 MCI 102A3.  Jon
Ross

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2006, 12:17:48 PM »

Probably either an issue with the turn signal switch or a bad ground somewhere.  Bad grounds can cause some strange symtoms.  I'd look at the turn signal switch.  That's what it sounds like.
littlehouse

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2006, 01:06:21 PM »

jon

They use to connect turn lights with the main light , front or rear, grouded and the side light in plastic so
it was NOT grounded so it would flash opposet thr main light. Grounds cause all kinds of light problems.
It's always my frist place to look.
Ray with the littlehouse ['77 MC8]

I want to live long enough to be a nuisance to my children
and i am!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: