Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
August 30, 2014, 03:11:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: If your computer is lost, damaged, or stolen, we will replace all of your E-Mags for free.
   Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: towing lights 24v to 12v  (Read 3617 times)
rv_safetyman

Jim Shepherd

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2010, 09:39:59 AM »

I have now updated the relay data sheet that now includes information about the Mini ISO relays with built-in diodes:  http://www.rvsafetysystems.com/Relay%20data%20sheet.pdf .  If you have recently looked at that page, be sure to reload it -- it should have two pages.

Jim

Update:  Melbo, the source you list has a very low cost socket.  If you use that socket, be aware that the wire colors relationships are different from my data sheet.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 09:46:37 AM by rv_safetyman » Logged

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/
Melbo

MC8 under construction

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2010, 11:02:03 AM »

Yes Jim

The white on mine is the ground (coil) the black is the signal in (coil) and the red is the NC and the Yellow is the NO and the blue is the power in or common.

When you say low cost that is true but the quality seems to be comparable to other sockets that I paid over two dollars for.

HTH

YMMV

Melbo

If it won't go FORCE it ---- if it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway
Albuquerque, NM   MC8 L10 Cummins ZF
Ed Hackenbruch

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2010, 09:32:16 PM »

Jim. i think you are right, I think i did tap into one of the relays for power, i was kind of looking at it while i was changing filters yesterday but did not really have the time to trace the wires.  I use 12v magnetic lights on the jeep so i must have found 12v power there somewhere. Smiley

1968 MCI 5A with 8V71 and Allison MT644 transmission.  Western USA
Sam 4106

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2010, 04:45:21 PM »

Hi Jack Conrad,
By using the wiring diagram that you posted earlier in this thread I was able to rewire the relays in our MC8 today and make all the lights work properly on our tow car. Our relays are different than yours so it took a little studying to figure out which terminals to use but I finally figured it out. Another project crossed off the list. Now the one I am dreading is getting the headlights to work well enough to see for night driving.
Thanks for posting the diagram and all the other help you provide, Sam MC8

1976 MCI-8TA with 8V92 DDEC II and Allison HT740
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: