Bus Conversions dot Com Bulletin Board
October 23, 2014, 09:33:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site. These rules must be followed in order for us to continue this free exchange of info. No bad mouthing of any business or individual is permitted. Absolutely no items for sale are to be posted, except in the Spare Tire board. Interested in placing a classified or web ad, please contact our advertising dept. at 714-903-1784 or e-mail to: info@busconversions.com.

Home   Help Forum Rules Search Calendar Login Register BCM Home Page Contact BCM  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: To all the POs out there. WHY???? WHY DID YOU DO IT THAT WAY???? WHY?????  (Read 3265 times)
desi arnaz

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2010, 07:33:35 PM »

it really is not that bad, a few proper connectors and some tie wraps and it will be fine.
i have seen much worse.

thomas f  Bethlehem n.h
Cary and Don

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2010, 07:48:58 PM »

One thing we have done when changing the wiring is documenting all the changes.  There is a sheet in our manual that lists every change to every junction post, relay, or breaker.  It tells where that new color coded wire goes and what it does.  We also had to figure out what some idiot did.  We have made quite a few changes and repairs over the years.  It is impossible to remember all of them.

Don and Cary
GMC4107
Neoplan AN340

1973 05 Eagle
Neoplan AN340
Melbo

MC8 under construction

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2010, 10:03:49 PM »

I have my own special "Owner's Manual" that I write as I work on the bus.

with wiring diagrams and pictures if necessary.

I refer back to it when I look at something that I can clearly see was done by me but I don't understand why.

I feel like the guy in Memento the movie --- good short term memory but not always so good with the history of what I did and why.

Melbo

If it won't go FORCE it ---- if it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway
Albuquerque, NM   MC8 L10 Cummins ZF
muddog16
Example is more powerful than reproach. ~Aesop

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2010, 06:14:05 AM »

I've watched this crying towel express for the last couple of days!  I guess you could have bought a new bus without problems.........oh wait!.........that's to expensive,  I'm also sure no one was held at gunpoint and forced to buy their bus.........you knew what you were buying when you purchased it........if you didn't well............easy come easy go!   Like many other financially distressed busnuts, we purchased what we did with the thought of getting a bus "cheap", with cheap comes the work envolved with restoring these finely engineered beasts!  If it was easy women would be doing it...........oh wait.......where is divineright?................have a great day and enjoy life.........sorry Anja and other Ladies no disrespect meant........some of these "he men" need to man up! Roll Eyes   

Pat

1982 Prevost LeMirage
8V92TA/HT754

http://prevostlemirage.blogspot.com/
JackConrad
Orange Blossom Special II
Global Moderator

73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2010, 07:26:12 AM »

Heck, for me, rebuilding everything is as much fun as converting it or using it. Besides, that keeps me off the streets and out of the bars.  LOL  Jack

Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/
muddog16
Example is more powerful than reproach. ~Aesop

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2010, 09:44:06 AM »

Amen Jack! Grin

Pat

1982 Prevost LeMirage
8V92TA/HT754

http://prevostlemirage.blogspot.com/
Chopper Scott

MCI 7

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2010, 10:48:50 AM »

What I enjoyed about repairing things (a never ending job probably  Cheesy) is the confidence I have in the ole girl now and knowing that I can fix most anything on it besides possibly the engine and tranny. They really are built well and are simple.... just big! I also enjoy listening to the guys with the new mega buck S&S rigs and all their problems. Beating these things up and down the road is hard on some of the rv internal components and simpler is better.

Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.
ruthi

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2010, 02:41:29 PM »

When we bought our Dina, it had been completely rewired with new freightliner wiring, complete with diagram. It is the only reason we got it. As some may know, this was one of the big problems with a Dina. I take no offense about the referral of women, but just remember the saying, behind every great man, is an even greater woman. Well, maybe I embellished the saying a little,  Grin but come on guys, you know it is true. Wink

Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: